The reason LSU's offense has played better

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjuice, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

You're right. Auburn and Tulane don't have good defenses. In no way does that diminish the improvement the offense has made. Otherwise, they would have struggled against those bad defenses.

You must be a real treat on Monday mornings...:lol:

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I felt like I've heard this song before.

Same thing was said after each and every game that the Tigers have played. I think the "look at me" sideline coaching leaving the playbook is a huge plus.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Two words: Occam's razor.

Auburn allows 370+ ypg and 26 ppg. Tulane allows 410+ and 37 ppg. I really can't believe that our fanbase is really looking at the offense output against two of the worst defenses in college football as a reason to be optimistic. I'm happy we scored a lot, but in know way, shape or form does this logically equate to a good offensive performance against the #4 defense in the country this Saturday. If we score 14 points, I will be ecstatic.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

So. You would say that the positive turnover ratio, the relatively low number of penalties, the good QB rating for Jefferson, the improved communication from sideline to the field, the better play calling, the increase in Shepard's effectiveness, the introduction of Randle to offensive production, - all of these things are mirages caused by shoddy defensive competition?

I, like you, would be happy with 14 points against Bama's defense. I, unlike you, think 20+ is very achievable because I, unlike you, have seen big improvement on offense across the board since the first 4 games of the season.

Teams actually improve as the season progresses, particularly young teams. This is a young team in many ways.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

The reason LSU offense has better stats over the last 2 weeks is simple.... Tulane and Auburn.

I swear people must be watching different games then me... there offense is the same as it was in game #1.

The reason why they look better is because of delusional fans.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

You're absolutely right. This team hasn't been seeming to flow against bum opponents much like the easier ones they had didn't flow against earlier in the season. But at least us delusional fans can find something to be happy about. I really do wonder why you bandwagon jumpers stayed on board after last season.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

The only good defense that we have played is Florida...period. Yet, other defenses made us look a LOT worse than Tulane and Auburn did. In fact, we struggled mightily against lesser defenses earlier in the season. That is improvement.

Defenses we have faced, in order of national ranking:

Florida - 2
    Vandy - 55
    MSU - 56
    Georgia - 68
    Auburn - 70
    ULL - 97
    Tulane - 98
    Washington - 105

Now, I'm not saying that we will light up the scoreboard against Alabama. In fact, I believe the contrary. But to suggest that the offense hasn't improved is laughable.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

The worst part is if this game is close win or lose the neysayers will jump all over how they were right about the offense still not having improved. Unless we score some 30+ pts. But if we do that and still lose then they will jump all over how horrible the defense is. Leaving, you would think, the door open to if we blow them out they would finally give the team and coaches credit, but they won't they will then just say that Bama was overrated and they knew that all along. Can't win no matter what we do with some of these fans.

9. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

I think the point many are making is that we have improved on offense. To say that we have improved because we were playing terrible defenses is not a valid point.

We played defenses at the beginning of the year that were no good. And we looked horrible against them. Now we looked good against two defenses that are not very good.

THis means that we have improved.

Hopefully we improved enough to beat bama.

10. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I have no idea what this means.

The offense is the same as it was week #1. I can't think of one thing that is better other than the O-line... well, I think the O-line has played much better over the last 4 weeks.... as a team though... it's the same offense as it was week #1.

for the record I didn't even think the offense looked good against Tulane... it was basically outtalent or even outsized them... which you can do against LSU.