The Reason R.C. Slocum was interviewed.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Jan 13, 2005.

1. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Bertman intended all along to interview one handicapped applicant. Aggy filled that bill. :lol:

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

It would be great.

Even better would be playing the game in Houston as a neutral-site kind of arrangement, a la Georgia-Florida and OU-Texas. Much easier to do this once the 12th game is added back to the schedule, but I wonder how much of a revenue gap there would be if both schools split the revenues of an annual game at a neutral site as opposed to giving up a current home date against a weak non-conf opponent.

There would be a number of factors involved, but how much difference would exist b/w revenue generated for a non-televised, likely not sold out home game versus La. Tech in which LSU cuts La. Tech a fat paycheck and an annually televised, sold out game in Houston with LSU and A&M splitting the revenues?

(PS- It'd have the added benefit for the time being of allowing LSU to beat Coach Fran's ass every season. Little punk.)

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I would pay top dollar for that match-up, especially in Houston. We would sell out Reliant Stadium, no problem. Probably bowl-type prices too. This should be done as soon as is feasible!!!!

4. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

Nixon actually recommended a play to be run in the Super Bowl. They ran it and it was an incompleted pass. According to Hunter S. Thompson, Nixon really knew football as well as anyone he ever met.

BTW, the book "Horns, Hogs and Nixon's Coming" is a great book! About the 1969 Texas vs. Arkansas game.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I would much rather it be at the stadiums of the two teams on a rotating basis. There's a lot of fun to be had when visiting an opponent's home stadium and campus for a weekend.

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

You've obviously never been to College Station in September!! :wink:

7. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

no problem at all man. i just wanted to clarify.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

No kidding! My one and only trip in '89 (I think) and it was the most miserable heat I've ever experienced. Of course they had astro turf then, and sitting 5 rows up from the field, you could feel the heat coming off the turf. It felt like 120 degrees!

And it certainly didn't help when A&M took the opening kickoff for a TD! :nope:

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I would LOVE an LSU/A & M series. That used to rock!

And it would be even better now because I live in Texas and my husband's best friend is an Aggie. We'd have so much fun going to those games together.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I would hope that George W didn't consider placing RC on one of his cabinets.... and thank god he wasn't in line for homeland defense. RC couldn't sustain a good Aggie defense, let alone Homeland Defense. :hihi: