The Rich needed the tax cuts...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 24, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They definitely needed the tax cuts. It's not fair to tax them. Especially since 1979 the bottom 80% of earners have seen very little if any growth, while the top 19% have seen good growth, and the top 1% who keep getting tax breaks, but do NOT create jobs, has nearly quadrupled. It's not fair to them. We need to make this gap even greater. Why should rich people even have to share the same oxygen as the bottom 80%? Why should they have to shop at the same stores, and drive the same roads as the bottom 80? What can we as part of the bottom 80% do to make sure we are taking care of our rich?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Separate but unequal: Charts show growing rich-poor gap - Yahoo! News

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

But it all trickles down and creates jobs, which is why our economy is booming and everyone is working.

[​IMG]

3. LaSalleAve

damn where do i get one of those security notices...

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

yunno albert pujols may make 30 million a year in free agency? and some rookies make the league minimum, 400k. the gap is huge! for the same amount of hours and the same kind of labor! the inequality! we should do something! inequality is wrong, we are all equals!

children, it isnt about the gap between rich and poor, it is about how the poor are doing, if they have opportunity. ask a new immigrant if he has opportunity here, if he works hard. ask what poverty really is.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Patience. Obama promised to fix it.

6. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

The 2001 and 2003 tax cuts removed millions of taxpayers from the federal income tax rolls, leaving only those at the top to pay the bill. They lowered every federal income tax rate and created a new 10 percent bracket to further reduce taxes for low-income earners.

While these tax rate cuts lowered taxes for all taxpayers, low-income earners got the biggest cut. In addition to these rate cuts, the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts expanded the refundable Child Tax Credit from $500 per child to $1,000 per child. The combination of lower tax rates and an expanded Child Tax Credit meant many low-income taxpayers no longer paid any federal income taxes.

The bottom 40 percent of income earners actually paid a negative share of federal income taxes in 2006. In other words, these taxpayers are actually paid money through the tax code. This happens through refundable credits like the Child Tax Credit and the Earned Income Tax Credit, which result in "refunds" when they are greater than the taxpayer's total income tax liability.

Since the top 20% pay 86% of all taxes (up form 81% in 2002) a simple thank you will suffice.

7. LaSalleAve

no it's about how the rich prosper and the middle class and poor do not. the cost of everything constantly goes up, and wages do not. this is a prime example of what voodoo economics gets you. The rich get richer while everyone else suffers.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I'm not rich. I'm not suffering, My wealth grows a little every month. I guess if it weren't for those fat cats with their cigars and monocles I'd be a millionaire.

9. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

Maybe the country needs a "Income Czar" to dictate who can get paid what.

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

YaY make the top 1% pay for the bottom 90% services. That makes sense.

How about taxing the people that pay nothing.