The Rich needed the tax cuts...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 24, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sounds good, the rich are freeloading.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Tell me . . . if the rich guy now decided that he could increase his profits by 30% by outsourcing the engineering to India and moving the plant to Mexico. So, they send you your severance and say adios. Is that a bad thing?

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

not a bad thing unless you are some sort of racist/nationalist that believes americans deserve jobs over other people that need the jobs way worse.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You avoid that by giving them tax breaks and other incentives to keep them here.

Kasich in Ohio is doing that and people like you only point at the loss of tax revenue. They refuse to see the benefits derived from encouraging business to relocate to your neck of the woods.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Sure, and if a comet hit the earth tomorrow, that would suck too. But guess what, that's life. I knew that going into the deal and I accepted that risk. If it happens, I'll find another way to make money. It's not difficult.

And just so you know, a bunch of our engineering and design is done in Russia and India. Wow.. how is it I still have a job? :rolleye33:

Not only that, the process originated in Russia and was intentionally brought here for further development. I wonder why that is?

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm not complaining on my behalf. I have a good job, and a great boss, who has taken healthcare plans out for us, and pays us really well. I just know that not everyone has a great boss like I do.

You guys keep saying that tax cuts for corporations and businesses creates jobs, but you can't prove it, because it doesn't. They take those tax cuts, and try to cut corners anyway they can to make more profits, and trust me, if they could find a way to make people work for slave wages, in horrible conditions, they would.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

of course they would! but they cant, because of thing called the evil free market. because you have choice. because there is more than one evil rich person out there that wants to hire you. those evil bastards actually want to offer you a job and pay you more than slave wages because of evil mutual benefit. those evil sons of bitches want to give you a good job so you will work hard and make money for them. lets tax those evil mother****ers before they give us any more good jobs.

yeah those ****ers would never take that tax money and hire more workers and make more products and make more profits. they hate expansion and increased profits.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Right.. Kinda like how people say, "All lawyers suck, except mine."...

I can tell you this, taxing the rich 40,50,60+ percent of their money while rapidly funneling it to expanding regulation and entitlement programs doesn't exactly give them a boner to go out and hire folks. If you don't believe me, I'll give you my boss' number so you can have a chat with him about it. He's got quite a few things to say about it.

Of course some abuse the system, and their employees. But in their defense, nobody's "making" the employees do anything. They're free to drag up and leave just like you, I, or anyone else is if they don't like the job conditions. The whole damn point of being in business is to make a profit. Do some of them go too far with it? Of course they do, and the ones that do are wrong for it..

Besides, you want to preach about horrible working conditions? Why are you funneling your hard earned money to drug cartels? Are you aware of how they treat people? How many people got their ass beat, whipped, or shot for that bowl of purple nuggets you just smoked (providing you read this after 7)? They (in most cases) can't even quit without fear of retaliation on them or their families (kinda like some union workers.. go figure). You're fueling the very thing you're so adamantly opposed to. And for the record, I'm not taking personal shots at your personal life or what you chose to do just in case it seems that way. It's not my intent; I'm no better than anyone else. I'm just trying to make a point. I can tell you right now that you and I have similar views with regards to legalization.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Those slimy bastards. Now that you mention it, my boss made me work on Christmas eve and my crippled son had no Christmas turkey.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

what a joke.

wealth is much more a factor of circumstance than work or whining.