The Rich needed the tax cuts...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 24, 2011.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I know I've said this before but I genuinely feel bad for your kids if you have or plan to have any.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Almost half of the people in this country pay no taxes. Imagine if there were no income taxes at all. A national sales tax on everything but medical,food and non business utilities. This would take out the loopholes that the rich use to avoid taxes and everyone would pitch in. The rich spend more so they pay more. The poor would pay less. Everyone would have skin in the game. The gov wouldn't need to know how much money you made. It would be none of their business. This would get rid of the politics involved with tax laws. This would never happen because democrats stay in power by buying votes through manipulation of the tax laws to buy votes.

1 person likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This is one huge loophole for the rich. A loaf of bread cost the same for a rich guy as a poor guy. Poor people have to spend 100% of their income on necessities and cannot save as a result. This would only exacerbate that problem. Rich people can live grandly on a small fraction of their income, so that the rest grows and grows into a huge pile, tax free.

To replace income tax would require a national sales tax of about 30% on top of the state and local sales taxes we already pay. That's more than the effective income tax rate of most middle class Americans. This dead-on-arrival idea is a huge boondoggle for the rich at the expense of the middle class and especially crushing to the poor.

Example? I want to see you back this up.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Nearly half the people in this country don't pay taxes. Do you think these people will do anything but vote in politicans who will continue to provide them benifits while paying nothing in income taxes.This country will go bankrupt. Everyone would pay taxes wit a sales tax. Food , utilities and medical excluded. My helper got more money back this year from uncle Sam than he paid in. He got fifteen thousand back and only paid in thirteen thousand. How will we ever pay down the debt this way?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And half of them are republicans. You imagine that they are all homeless democrats on welfare, but that's patently false. They are retirees trying to live on social security, widows, disabled people, students working part time jobs . . . Hell, any wife or teenager with a part-time job. They are anybody working a minimum labor job. They don't make enough income to owe any taxes once the same standard deduction that you and I get is applied. Guess who else is part of that list . . . companies and rich people who pay no taxes due to loopholes tax credits, tax breaks, and other avoidances.

Half of them are republicans voting for republicans, so what is your point? The current tax structure offers so many way to avoid taxes that taking them is done at every income level and by both parties.

It's the republican cut-without-regard tax code at work. A middle-class earner making $50,000 with a mortgage and two children now owes no taxes. The exemptions and credits for dependents are huge and popular but they are draining our national income. Republicans want something for nothing and they get a lot of votes that way.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

We need a tax system with absolutly no loopholes or deductions where everyone pays in. We have a lower rate with no person not paying something. That's why I said a sales tax. Why do I pay taxes and he doesn't when there is only a 8$ diffrence in our hourly pay. I have read an article where a millionare paid less than his secretary. That is as wrong as my helper making 60 grand and getting back more than he paid in. The tax code has to be thrown away and start over. It is the root of much of the corruption in goverment.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well yeah. They're rich.

8. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

Lets see, 7 of the 10 richest members of Congress are Democrats:

1. Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.): $188.6 million

2. Rep. Darrel Issa (R-Calif.): $160.1 million

3. Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.): $152.3 million

4. Sen. Jay Rockefeller ( D-W.Va.): $83.7 million

5. Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas): $73.8 million

6. Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.); $70.2 million

7. Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.): $56.5 million

8. Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-Fla.): $53.5 million

9. Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.): $49.7 million

10. Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.): $46.1 million

So yeah, its just the rich Repubs screwing America. The rich Dems are really on our side.:rolleye33:

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

oh, ok. you win.

wait, maybe i should come back with. yeah, ive got a buncha kids, and youre sorry republican ass is payin for all of em, and the abortions too.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

And you miss the point entirely. Don't worry about it.