The Ryder Cup team will sorely miss Billy Horschel

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Sep 15, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Big reason the captain should not be making his wildcard picks until AFTER the fed ex cup champion is crowned.

Good luck Tom Watson watching Jim Furyk and Hunter Mahan miss one huge putt after another.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I saw an interview with him and he didn't have a problem with the process. I think he even said he reached out to Tom to tell him that and wish the US team well.

I don't think he would have made a difference. I think the US team will get beat. It could be nasty.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Horschel did take the high road and good for him on the matter of whether he should be on the team.

Still, the process is flawed. The PGA is run by a bunch of stubborn old white men (same issue with the NCAA, MLB, etc). Time to infuse these institutions with some diversity (women, different ethnicities, YOUNG people). Tradition is largely a senseless crutch.

Come that Sunday, the singles matches won't even matter. It will be all over by then.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I can't stand furyk. How does he even hit the ball with that ugly ass swing. Figure 8 making sumbitch

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

6. COTiger

Yea, it's only won him 62 million in his career.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How about Anthony Kim? If he retires and insurance policy will pay him up to $20 Million

Is insurance policy paying Anthony Kim $20M to stay off PGA Tour?
    By Kyle Porter | Golf Writer

September 17, 2014 3:31 pm ET

[​IMG]

It might be golf's most slippery question -- what the hell is Anthony Kim doing?

Alan Shipnuck of Sports Illustrated set out to answer that question recently in this piece and what he discovered was that the questions many of us have about Kim only led to more questions about Kim.

Upon withdrawing from the 2012 Wells Fargo Championship after a first-round 74, Kim announced he was taking five months off because of tendinitis in his left arm. Kim then tore his Achilles about about six weeks later and has not played since.

There was this revelation from a source who sounded scared to talk to Shipnuck, though:

The answer very well may lie in an insurance policy Kim has against a career-ending injury. An IMG source pegged its value at $10 million, tax-free. Kim's friend, who has had financial discussions with him, says, "It's significantly north of that. Not quite 20, but close. That is weighing on him, very much so. He's trying to weigh the risk of coming back. The way he's phrased it to me is, 'If I take one swing on Tour, the policy is voided.'"
    Via: Anthony Kim, MIA Since 2012, Wrestles With Whether To Tee It Up Again or Reap an Eight-Figure Disability Settlement

There were the usual stories about strip clubs and Rolls Royces that have been associated with Kim for most of his career, but that paragraph lies the crux of the matter.

I'm fascinated to see how the rest of this plays out, if at all. And make sure you read the Shipnuck piece, it's tremend

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hey, I'm a stubborn old white man. A Tradition Like No Other

9. COTiger

And it will all go up his nose.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard he changed the custom rims on his Rolls Royce Silver Cloud back to the stock rims because he wanted to start keeping a lower profile