The sad and down right sickening story of Auburn softball under Myers.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TerryP, Jun 2, 2018.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

@uscvball

If you've caught a bit of one of our conversations--may have only been one or two mentions--when we were talking about what was going on down on "The Plains."

The author references in a tweet that he started this story a year ago. I wondered immediately why it wasn't on the national stage when it was happening and being widely discussed on various fan sites. Michigan State?

This is a long read. Quite an in depth piece.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/voices/ar...all-joy-surface-obscured-darker-truths-within

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Cliff notes please

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There really are none, Shane. This is a story with multiple chapters where each chapter could be a book in itself. Some of these chapters will leave you shaking your head in disbelief; in anger in some situations simple because it's an adult and a young college lady.

Take it in bits and pieces if you don't have the time to sit down and read through it...even if it is just skimming the article.

I'm still left wondering how school administrators can come in to a locker room and demand all the players turn over their cell phones so the story doesn't get out. And that's just one sordid detail.

4. shane0911

Man I tried to read it. Takes forever to go nowhere.

Looks like a coach had a relationship with a player. Sad but good grief they could have just said that.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Three. One he got pregnant. He was suspended after it came out the first time and then reinstated a week later. Two more ladies down...and they finally ban him from campus.

When all of this came to a head in the locker room their admin (Title iX director, Assistant AD's) literally confiscated all their phones. Ask yourself why?

This story has led to three Asst. AD's being fired as well as the lady in charge of their Title IX program: a total of six were fired yesterday.

Why? Because it came out in the news.

I was forwarded this post from one of the AU mods last night:

Jay G. Tate
    IT'S A TRAP!
    Staff
    Talking just now with a friend on the INSIDE ... everyone whose professional life brought them within earshot of softball is now retired or canned. Every last one of them*. That was a big, big deal. It ultimately brought down that entire regime.

6. shane0911

I read deep into the article posted and never came close to any of that so I gave up. Just too much fluff and not enough salacious. The guys needs to get to the point.

7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Its a terrible situation. I did read it but did not catch that one got pregnant and only got 2, not 3. Geez! So sickening

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's called cover up, @dachsie. I don't know the family, personally, but a friend does. Pardon my french but it pisses me off to no gawddam end. A predator. Period.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Must be ESPN long form. Writers try to go all Tolstoy about softball.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's a pathetic story and yet it pales in comparison to what USC swept under the rug for almost 3 decades. 10,000 patients ALL seen by the same male gynecologist. He was anywhere from unprofessional to sexually abusive. An office nurse finally reported him to a rape hotline because the school wasn't doing anything to get rid of him. We finally paid him to leave last July and former President Nikias claims he knew nothing of it until October. Facking liar. They set up a hotline for victims to report and within 10 days, there were over 400 claims.

He finally stepped down but the settlement that comes out of this will make Michigan State look like nothing. Gloria Allred is just one of 3 attorneys to have filed a class actions. One of the others is the guy who won the case against Michigan State.