The scandalous recruitment of Jamarcus McFarland is over: OU wins out

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

The humanitarian in me feels sorry for Jamarcus McFarland and his mother. This article paints them both as being socially insufficiently developed to handle the pressure cooker of top shelf college recruiting. I am astonished that this proud mother's belief system has prevented her from doing what every proud, loving parent wants do do naturally: watch and support her son in the area that he not only has a passion for but also excels in.

It'll be interesting to watch Jamarcus McFarland saga into the future. I doubt he'll stay out of the headlines for long.

After getting a commitment from Davenport LSU had no real need for McFarland, and by having McFarland opt for OU LSU is in better position to recruit another 5 star DT next year.

At the end of the day, this kid looks like he may be doing LSU a favor in the long run by opting for Oklahoma. LSU is better served without him.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Excellent post! Very insightful and pragmatic.

3. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

All I know is I'm going off to the Texas boards to read the comments...something tells me they'll be good. :hihi:

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

would be nice to do a little cut and pasting later on.... ;)

5. islstl

Herb, nice post.

Don't forget Downs stands a really good chance at staying on the D-line if we can get T-bob back as well as Lonergan as his backup.

And if Downs does end up at center, Hicks is versatile enough to provide depth at both DT and DE.

6. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I love how everyone is now all of a sudden trashing him for his BS statements. Like he wont be a good player, had he picked LSU everyone would be loving him and sayin how great he will be. I dont like the comments nor how his mom is controlling his decision. Thats the deal though. No need to stoop to their level.

1 person likes this.
  7. islstl

I don't see many people on here questioning his ability as you assert.

They are questioning what the hell went on in his recruiting process and why all of this has been exposed in a NYT's piece.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I have no ill will toward JMac. He's a great player, and by all accounts a great student and person as well.

However, I can't say that I'm dissapointed with losing him after reading this. His mother isn't someone I want around our program.

1 person likes this.
  9. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Im wrong for maybe using the word ability. What I meant is the statements like he wont be playing, he will be a hassel, etc. Maybe he will, but I dont see a reason to stoop low to their level.

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I don't think you meant to have a double meaning with that last line, but I have never been a Coach Stoops fan and thought it was amusing.