The Season is upon us

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Aug 31, 2018.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I’m not agreeing with the “experts” so calm down Baw. All I’m saying is that the blue chip ratio report (report that measures talent on rosters) has LSU as a top 10 team.

All while the “experts” report has us barely cracking the top 25 and listed as 0% chance to win the championship.

The conclusion: They have no respect for our coaching staff.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

In that report, only 8 teams have a roster comprised of 60% or more of blue chips. LSU falls at #6 on that list. Based on talent alone, LSU should never start a season ranked lower than #8 to #10, then adjust as the season plays out.

ParadiseiNC, Bengal B and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

Exactly! But trying to discuss the fact that our Coach is not only not respected but actually disrespected and disregarded comes across as blasphemy to some folks here.

LSU is LOADED!! Which is why as fans we know we can be better than the talking heads believe.

Gamday picked Miami across the board yesterday. But they also picked Texas Tech and Maryland across the board as well. Sprinkle in a few Washington and Michigan picks and it explains there is a reason we actually play the games.

Full disclosure, I picked Miami. But not because we are less talented. Because it’s our 1st game with a lot of youth and inexperience. Also because I’m not sold on either Orgeron or Ensminger and this team needs time to gel.

I’ll never say what I heard the “experts” say......”LSU loses, because Miami is just too much”

To that I call bullshit. And Fuck Miami

Geaux Tigers

Edit: Picked Texas, not Maryland. My bad

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    didit, leroy7500, ParadiseiNC and 2 others like this.
  4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Part of that pre-season dis could be the fact that with over 60% of the roster being blue chip talent, we always seem to stutter where we shouldn't (like having a 11-7 record against r-Kansas since the '00 season), and end up playing for 2nd tier bowls. If the coaching staff was "coaching up" these kids, with that sort of talent on the roster, LSU should average 10 wins a season.

But having 60%+ blue chip talent and fighting for 3rd-4th in the division ain't cutting the mustard.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    LSU_4_LIFE and tirk like this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

*mustard

Lsu has finished below their preseason ranking every season since 2011. So the media doesn't hate us. They love us in fact.

But theres uncertainty at hc, no identity on offense and player/coaches attrition which isn't just perception. If we had a fournette or guice to hang our hat on we would probably be 10 spots higher.

It's time to earn our keep.

ParadiseiNC, LSU_4_LIFE and GregLSU like this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

Agreed, but we “fixed” the coaching staff right? Not according to the “experts” or anybody outside of 1/2 the LSU fan base actually

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

What does that mean? I ask cause I think it's something I may want to use. Is that like mustard getting on a shirt and ruining it, as in, you're blotting out what he said?

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Not saying he was the answer, but firing a proven OC for an elderly Ensminger imo ain't certainty for a staff.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Thanks.

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

It is for philosophy and coaching chemistry.