The SEC championship game and NC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Nov 9, 2009.

?

If Bama can get past UF in the SEC champ game, who will you be pulling for to win the NC?

Poll closed Dec 9, 2009.
  1. I will be the biggest Longhorn fan that night.

52 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. I can't bring myself to pull against the SEC...Roll Tide!

22 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

No way I can pull for a victory that makes it look like Texas is a legit football program.

No way I can pull for Bama after this game and the aftermath. Normally I would be so pro SEC. Not this time. Go UF!

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I wonder if the consensus at texas a&m would be anyone but texas, please not texas, again.

Could it be, "familiarity breeds contempt".

Just curious.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Definitely. Plus you have our old coach, we have kids your guys recruited, you have kids we recruited. LSU and Alabama have been playing since 1895. You hit the nail on the head.

4. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

Meteor, field. Need I say more?

5. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

In a twist of fate............it seems that Mark Ingram is a front runner to become Alabama's first Heisman winner.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

How many chickens you got there in that basket of eggs? Seems to be what Bama fans do

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

uh oh, that will be another national championship the gumps count towards their total.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Yes, whether he wins it or not makes no difference. Just being considered for the Heisman is enough for the gumps to add that as a victory.

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I've only been a college football fan (and hence, an LSU fan) since 2003. So, I don't HATE bama as much as most of ya'll. But I do HATE UF and Texas. I'd actually pull for Bama. But, especially if UF wins another nc I might (check that, will) projectile vomit from here all the way to Gainesville. God I freakin' HATE the gators!!!

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I said it immediately following the bama game, and I'll say it again. Hook. 'Em. Horns.

They've already built up a recruiting empire and we've still managed to poach plenty of talent from East Texas. And besides, they don't play in our conference. Losing a recruit to them means a heck of a lot less than it does to lose one to UF or bama.

And another point. There's been a lot of talk about Slive conspiring to ensure that the SEC wins another NC. Of course, I don't believe that. However, you still know that he wants the NC for his conference. And, given all the contempt for the man harbored by the Tiger nation, I'd think that we'd love nothing more than for that wish to go unfulfilled this year.

Saban & Meyer are two of the most intolerable, arrogant pricks on the planet. My contempt for them far supersedes my conference loyalty.