The SEC championship game and NC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Nov 9, 2009.

?

If Bama can get past UF in the SEC champ game, who will you be pulling for to win the NC?

Poll closed Dec 9, 2009.
  1. I will be the biggest Longhorn fan that night.

52 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. I can't bring myself to pull against the SEC...Roll Tide!

22 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Here's another thought. What else will be on that night?

And conference loyalty can suck it... Well, as long as the cheat to win theory is in place

1 person likes this.
  2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

As a Tiger fan, I'm still greatful to the Horns for beating USC in the title game in '06. And I think that some of you may have forgotten about that one. So, despite the contempt that many a Longhorn fan has for LSU, I still have absolutely ZERO problem pulling for them.

3. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

At the same time, though, do you know how many people still say that about LSU's 2007 NC?

All I'm saying is even though I can't stand either one of those programs (Bama, UF), I still pull for the conference. Doesn't matter if I think LSU may have gotten shafted by officiating in both those games, the scoreboard isn't going to change.

4. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

I'm not one of those "my conference is better than your conference" guys. Really just don't see the big deal, when it comes down to it.

That being said, I can't stand most of the SEC. I hardly ever root for them even when they play OOC teams. I just want to see LSU win and everyone else (in every conference) lose. Rare exceptions being UF and Auburn- they're annual rivals and I like to see them succeed.

That being said:

Hook 'em.

Also: I will only root for either Ole Miss or Bama under the conditions of: 1. a loved one's life is being threatened or 2. they are playing each other, then root against the one who has a better win-loss record. In the case of a tie, cheer for turnovers.

5. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

[​IMG]

6. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Where?!!!:hihi:

7. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

I live in Alabama, and after thinking about some of the insane things I've heard from Bama fans over the past few days it really has bothered me.

From "Julio had his hand on the ball while he was out of bounds, so it was a dead ball" to "if the call had gone to LSU, McClain and company would have been so fired up LSU would never have scored".

Some of you will disagree, but I believe LSU was robbed of an opportunity to win, not the win itself. Now, we'll never know. It's hilarious to me that the Bama fans will not, for the life of them, acknowledge that it was a bad call last Saturday. It's like if they admit it, Slive might give us the win.

I'm typically a conference homer, but I just couldn't stand to hear my Bama friends gloat about winning the NC for a year and I just don't like the way UM allowed Spikes to get away with that junk on Ealey.

Go Texas!

but more than that :geaux: