The SEC got screwed....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Goodlifetiger, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

The best team in the west will not be in our champion ship game. The sad thing is that we have a very good chance of playing in the game. You see Bama thinks that the NCAA screwed them. When in fact Bama's cheating screwed the conference. The SEC is one big joke as of today. We had a chance and got killed. Most Bama people will not see this. They played one great game, but as of this morning I am sad.....

2. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Not so fast my friend...

let's wait till all the bowls to see how much the SEC sucks. I only pray and hope for Ohio State to lose a game so they can face another SEC team this year. Can you say overated?

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

I wish you had got in touch with us before the game, maybe we could have worked something out. Get over it and beat the Rebs and Hawgs. You can still make it to Atlanta while we go to lowly Hawai'i.

4. Goodlifetiger

tider...

It not the loss that has me feeling sad. That has happen many times in the past. I will get over it. It is the narcissitic view that bama is the only team that was penalized for the ileagal activities of there coaches and boosters. What I am saying here is Alabama hurt the conference and I am not so sure that the NCAA shouldn't revisit. Auburn did it in the early 90's and now it is ya'll. The fact is that Alabama F---ed the whole conference. I am starting to rethink the death penalty.

5. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Tigerfan I understand what your saying and why you feel this way , but come on the death penalty. Lets not go that far! Please!

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Anbody read the death penalty article in this week's SI? Basically, they are extremely reluctant to inflict the ultimate punishment because they saw what it did to SMU. They never recovered. Who says the NCAA doesn't have a heart.

7. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Re: tider...

Sorry, I just don't follow your logic. Our sanctions do not mention any other school having to share our punishment. Arkansas is under investigation presently, do you feel the same towards them? What about UK? Is it just your Bama hate thing? What about UT and all the accusations there? What about the press your own school got for the academic fraud? I think it is just your own Bama hate thing. You beat UK so you don't hold anything against them, but you do have your own personal vendetta gainst a Bama team that pounded you. That's all this is, just a guy that is pointing his finger at a bunch of young men playing a game that had nothing to do with what happened 3 years ago. That is wrong and pathetic. You had the #1 defense in the nation and couldn't stop us and you want to bring up our past violations. Notice I said PAST. Get over it and get ready for the Rebs and Hawgs.

8. Goodlifetiger

Sabanfan...

SMU had a crap program before they started buying palyers. Whwn they had to stop it went back to crap. Tider that is the narcissitic view I was talking about. Bama fans cann't see the harm they did to the conference as a whole. Arkansas is just like ya'll and so is Kentucky. All though their arrogance level is not quite as high. I also know that you will never see the logic in this. But to think that the SEC nation as whole is not harmed by the cheating of one of its schools is pretty lame. It is just like LSU in Basket ball. Coach Brown new he was cheating and he got off light and so did the program. When the NCAA starts putting their foot in somebodies ass this crap might stop.

The NCAA needs to enforce the rules are change them.

9. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

Not only did it destroy SMU but the whole SWC! That's why they are not inclined to use such measures again. everyone in the SEC needs to be very cautious about hoping for the DP for BAMA, not because we are that important, but we are a big p;layer in the conference and the DP killing us, will erode the whole SEC over time as fans and boosters and administrators begin stabbing each other in the back and trying to kill each other's programs.

10. Goodlifetiger

The SWC was disbanding anyway. No body wants the death penalty to be given, but it sure as hell seems to be the only thing that could work. Nothing else seems to do the trick.