The SEC got screwed....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Goodlifetiger, Nov 17, 2002.

1. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Thank you we will. The wife and I are leaving on Monday after the Iron Bowl and returning the following Monday to Chicago. The islands are a pleasant reprieve from the chill of home and the wife still looks pretty good in a swim suit.

Hope you make it to Atlanta.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'd prefer to go to Johnny's Hideaway in Bucktown. Got pinched on the ass there by a grandma once. I've still got ot!

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

The...

Islands would be nice, but I'll just have to stay and watch the game on TV.

4. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I have to agree with bayoutider, although I do see tigerfan's point. The main issue for LSU right now is to figure out how to rescue this offense, go win two winnable games and try our luck in Atlanta. I still believe that when bowl time rolls around, more often than not, the SEC wins. It is sickening to be over hee listening to the Big 12 people talking about how they are the best conf. this year. As of right now, the SEC has no rebuttal, but I'm confident when the bowls are played we wil be on top. If you want to say Alabama's probation hurts the conference, I guess it does, but I think only in reputation. As far as that goes, who cares what every one else thinks? Should LSU win out, and be fortunate enough to beat Georgia, people will say it's a tainted title. Last year they said we "backed" into the championship. The bottom line is, when the season was done, LSU had the best record of the west teams eligible, and I think that will be the case this year. What are they supposed to do? Refuse to go to the SECCG because Alabama has a better record? Let's just get on with it and see how it comes out.

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Reputation is one of the most valuable things we have in this world. It is what carries us thru life. Business & personel life. I know I Need to let this go and I will. It's not like anyone from bama would ever admitt to hurting anyone but there selfs.

6. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

I was actually just kidding with my comment about traditional loss as shown with the winking smilie. Guess I just got a little rankled by the slamming Bama was taking. I certainly don't count LSU as a gimme win any year!

7. bayoutider

Believe me, I will be parked in front of the TV to watch the bowl games and the SEC Conference Championship.
    The Big 12 does have some good teams this year with some suprises too. Odd that Nebraska is one of their unpleasant suprises. Texas Tech beating Texas, whoooohoooo and what a howl will come out of Norman if OSU can pull off another upset against OU. I won't bet the bank on that happening but stranger things have happened just like the hail mary at UK.
    I still don't think Ohio St. is one of the 2 best teams in the nation. Every week I see several teams that I think would destroy them. Do I agree with the BCS? Somewhat, but it still has some flaws but it is the best we have and it is better than just having the biased media pick the champ.

8. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Bayou

not to try to argue that Bama owns us in the overall series but so does Georgia Tech for that matter, when they were in the SEC. It's funny how two sides can view the list you posted and have two different interpretations. When I look at our record vs Florida over the last 15 years I think "loss" unless otherwise indicated. When I think of Bama, I think "tough game". Most of Bama's ass kicking against LSU came during the Bear Bryant years, that I will give you. Since then, Bama has been for the most part a back and forth series.

9. bayoutider

In the early 80's LSU had their best success with wins in 82 and 84, the tie in 85, 86 and 88. A majority of our games were real nail biters and that is what I like to watch. Most Bama fans also became LSU fans because they really liked Coach Charlie McClendon, and I say that with great reverence. He was one of the true gems in SEC football. A real class act and we miss him.