The SEC is nuts this year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 2, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Man, what a crazy season so far.
    You have Arkansas kick the tar out of Auburn, lose to Tennessee. A team who got hammered by Florida and Alabama.
    You have LSU defending SEC Champs ranked 10th in the nation give FLorida the worse home loss in 26 years, the same Florida beats Auburn, yet Auburn beats LSU the following week 31-7.
    You have a Florida team beating (As of now 4:13 left) the only undefeated team in the SEC Georgia.
    You have the team who is on probation and supposed to be suffering. Beating the crap out of everyone they play and in my opinion the best team in the SEC (at least 2).

Man, what is up. The only constant you have is Miss St. Sucks. That is about it. Any team can beat any team on any day it looks like.

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Good - it keeps things interesting :)

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

SEC...

Auburn got out oxford bye the ... Auburn played it's best game of the year against LSU. Two losses coming their way, Alabama & Georgia. Florida won a game that both teams seem to be trying to lose. The cocktail party was one badly played game on both sides of the ball. We will take care of business the rest of the way. Saban, Fisher & Muschamp will have the Tigers ready!

4. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

God bless you for believing TigerFan, the Tide is on their way.

I agree that Curley and Gary were not coaches that drew big time QB's their way. We actually took Brodie Croyle from Fla. St. where he was ready to commit. In todays high speed football you better have a backup that is as good as your starter. It seems like QB's are really taking a beating. Last year our top 3 QB's all had to wear knee braces because of injuries. I think Josh would have been a much better QB had he played right out of HS, but I don't think Josh kept Peyton from LSU, Peyton chose Tenn for the coaches and Eli chose Old Myth because of the same David Cutcliff that coached Peyton. JMO

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

It is obvious that Josh Booty was not ready to be a starting Quarterbck when he came to LSU. If there had been some sanity at the HC position he would have been relegated to backup duty until he earned his start. However we had two excellent Quarterbacks on the team, Nall and Davey who looked no better than Booty, in spite of the fact they had been in the system for two years. That is why it appears that LSU has had a hard time recruiting quarterbacks. We signed them but they just were never developed in to competent players. Once they were away from the curse of Dinardo they all began to blossom into competent leaders. Booty made Coaches All SEC, Nall started for Northwestern, and Rohan led us to the SEC and Sugar Bowl Championship. How many other universities have had three quarterbacks make NFL rosters in two years.

6. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

You are absolutely right roygu, but I still feel that DiNardo was pressured by many to start Josh to save his job. DiNardo's last couple of seasons seemed full of indecision. Im sure LSU fans are as glad to have that behind them as we are having DuBose behind us. By the way, DuBose is coaching at Northview High School in Alabama now and unless they won this week, they are winless. And you thought Curley was bad lol.

I always liked Nall and hoped he would transfer to McNeese but I think he did well at Northwestern. Didn't he break a few records there?