Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

The SEC West simply tore it up today...

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TerryP, Feb 5, 2014.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I just noticed a tweet from Aaron Suttles—writer for Tuscaloosa News/Tidesports (Rivals.com affiliate.)

As it currently stands, four SEC West teams in the top eight in team rankings and total of seven SEC teams in Top 10. Insane - Aaron Suttles 12:37 PM - 5 Feb 2014
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon

2 or 3 of the best teams in the country could come out of the SEC West, but I bet only one ever gets into the playoffs . . .
  3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think 7 of the top ten 247 composite recruits went to the sec west.
  4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos I'm self-smart

When ESPN was scrolling the recruiting top 10 rankings last night, it looked like the damn SEC rankings. Even frickin' TENNESSEE showed-up and cracked the top 10. Big. Boy. Football.
  5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've got a little more faith in this committee than you, but you very well may be right.

IF they do leave out a deserving second team, I'd bet it only happens once. As much as we hear about "SEC fatigue," I've got a suspicion they (committee members) wouldn't deal well with the backlash they'd hear for months on end.

The sad thing is—and I see it as realistic scenario—we might see a SECW team with two losses that's arguably one of those four best teams in the country.
    ParadiseiNC, cajdav1 and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Very Impressive
  8. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

According to ESPN: 7 teams in the SEC out-recruited Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Oklahoma and Texas.

7! That's half of our conference.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Kevin Sumlin on recruiting: "We had a great year. The only problem is we were fourth in the country and third in our own division."
    furduknfish likes this.
  10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

SEC signs 115 of ESPN's top 300 players. ACC is next closest with 51.