The Secret History of Tiger Woods

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Apr 21, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No, they don't. Tiger is/was a warrior wannabe. He still doesn't have a clue what it's all about. Like one of them said, he didn't get sandy. He never killed anyone, never risked his life, never saved an innocent, never accepted the government's money and directions to kill and then get told to STFU when you get home. I have zero respect for Tiger pretending that he has a clue about what it is to be a SEAL. Sure, they found a few idiots who spit on the ethos and talked but a far greater number care about their jobs, not about a pro-golfer who used entitlement to gain unique access to a few games/facilities but then didn't bother to pay for lunch. Phucktstick.

I agree with tirk...he's a socially inept tightwad. He wasn't trying to be one of them by not paying.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you Google n****s don't tip you can read a couple of million stories about that posted by waiters and bartenders.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

So what, tiger wasn't the one whining to the world about the seals. They should keep their mouths shut. Tiger did.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've always felt I need to be very careful with the words I choose when speaking about, or to, people. As example, imagine a parent telling their child "you're never going to be good at that." Call it what you want—some of a religious nature would categorize that statement as a curse—but I believe it has merit when you're dealing with people in your circle. Positive statements carry weight. There's a reason you'll find those of the Jewish faith praying blessings over their children. It works.

That said ... I recall Earle Woods saying "Tiger will have more influence on the world than Jesus Christ." Look, I'm not one you can call religious; certainly not even in the same room as your zealot. I have to admit, when I heard him say that I thought, "he just damned his career." That came to light in 2011-2012 as I recall.

Coincidence? I don't think so ...

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I suppose that we all have our demons and Tiger is no different. People grieve, sometimes, in very odd ways and for extended periods. Sounds like the death of his father sent him into a tail spin that he just couldn't pull out of, plus his interests changed. I think he was such a disciplined golfer for so long because he wanted to please his father, not necessarily because he loved the game.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think he is another example of a person who had no childhood and is basically paying for it as a result by being a mental case. Michael Jackson, Lindsey Lohan etc.

Brian and tirk like this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I already said that I had no respect for the ones who spoke about it. However, I wouldn't call it whining. And do you think Tiger didn't cooperate with this article? It was all about Tiger, like it always is. He would never have made it through BUDS IMO. He just isn't that tough. The entire experience with the SEAL's was a game to him, another way to pander to his oversize ego.

Brian and shane0911 like this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That is fact. No way in hell.

Brian likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Tiger is weird but as weird as the King of Pop and the Bad Girl? Not even close. Lohan is talking about.maybe converting to Islam.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes, he is. Maybe even worse. He keeps that public image so closely guarded but you know the crazy is simmering just below the surface. The other two didn't really try to hide their personal batshit.

Brian likes this.