The SECs Fault...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TundraTiger, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

It happened just last year.

But with the additions of Miami, BC and VT to the ACC, the ACC will probably end up with their own CG and this issue should be resolved.

2. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

I also like the new rule, even if it does not help LSU this year.

3. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

Sure, it looks like Georgia is going to get a great Christmas gift this year with this new rule. This just gives us all the more momentum to take 'em down in Atlanta in few weeks.

However, it's still not over yet though. The Beavers could still pull out a miraculous upset for us.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Yeah, but the new ACC will look a lot different next year. I doubt you will be seeng many 3 and fewer 4 loss teams to come out as the ACC champ and enter the BCS realm. I do expect you to see lots of 2 loss teams in the ACC, much like the SEC. When you get a stronger conference, you get teams who beat each other and you get the log jam called the SEC East.

5. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

Plus, if we don't get to the Sugar Bowl, we'll have a chance to beat either Florida State or Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl depending on what Miami does to Pittsburgh.

6. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

I e-mail Skip the other day explaining this same exact thing (i.e., , the scenario of BEATING Georgia and losing our shot at the N.C. together with the SEC losing a guaranteed TWO BCS berths.

I asked him if it were too late to change the rule.

He e-mailed me back saying that it was probably too late, but he urged me to send my e-mail to the SEC Commissioner.

Therefore, I will tell you ALL to do the same thing. Get the Georgia people in on it as well.

By NOT playing in the SECCG, Georgia guarantees itself a BCS bowl bid. If they play in the SECCG, the BEST they can do is get THE SAME BCS bowl bid. If they lose, they will probably go to the Cotton or one of the Florida bowls. It seems like the Georgia folks shouldn't mind passing on the SECCG if it meant a guaranteed BCS Bowl.

7. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

And don't forget about Tennessee.

Tennessee could easily get a good BCS bid while one of the teams in the SEC CG will get knocked out of the BCS top 8.

And other teams will get squeezed out as well...

The new rule probably had more to do with Tennessee than most people realize.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

If LSU was in the same position, would you really want to give up the SECCG and the opportunity to win the SEC just for the sake of going to a BCS Bowl?

This LSU fan would not....

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bud, you got an email address for the SEC commisioner?

10. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

I called the SEC office in Birmingham and they gave me the following address:

[email protected]

Try it.