The Shitty Traffic thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Nov 18, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

most cheese is pretty pungent.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yea. I went into a cheese shop in Paris. I was tantalized and repulsed at the same time.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That is helpful. I am determined to be successful at making gumbo. What is frustrating is the seemingly endless stuff I read regarding the best protein to use.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know if shrimp, oysters and crabmeat have any protein or not but you can't go wrong with it

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol why do i think this is a serious post.

seafood is really good if its seafood you like. i like to use chicken breasts or thighs and sausage/andouille. not a big fan of bones and skin in the mix.

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I am convinced you have found the wrong forum to obtain this precious advice. Now I can guide you to success, but you are gonna have to shed the impure and generic thoughts demonstrated by this fast paced instant gratification Hungry Man eating society. I am ashamed of the thought that our youth may inherit such poor standards.

Roux is a beautiful smell and clearly those that think otherwise only say so because of their addiction to substandard practices. If I used roux from a jar, i just might agree.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not the wrong forum. Depends on who she listens to. Posting from phone now but I'll post a good one later

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Should be interesting...

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Lol, killing me. Like you said, its 2 ingredients. Here is the kicker and I know you will agree, if you don't have the right pot then it will never turn. I'm going to bet that she doesn't have the correct vessel to support a roux turning. Mix in having to get the oil/flour ratio correct and/or burning it and you will realize you just can't go wrong with a jar.

@tirk I always use chicken breast/thighs bone in, then after it has cooked for a while I fish it all out with a strainer and de-bone it all the best I can.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I have some Lodge cast iron pots and skillets......dick.

So if I listen to tirk, you must be the woman at tiga's house. Do you vacuum too? :D