The Soap Opera where LSU is left at the Altar

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GetBackToWork, Dec 1, 2007.

1. GetBackToWork

GetBackToWork Founding Member

At the start of this drama, when rumors surfaced of Carr retiring, I believed the only sure loser amongst the cast of characters would be LSU.

Obviously Carr and Les have issues, and the early announcement was not anticipated or appreciated by Les. Paybacks are hell. Regardless, LSU may prove to be the hapless victim. Barring a dramatic effort today, with a different starting QB and a team on a roller coaster ride of emotions, our national title quest year has been derailed. This simply should not be something a team must factor into their gameday preparations.

Hopefully we will land a great new coach. Hopefully our program will maintain success. The idea many float about our program on cruise control is ridiculous - the same was said about our baseball team. Only something rolling down hill runs on its own.

This year, though - OUR year - the turn of events has left us behind.

2. TC

TC Le Big Mac

It really is a terrible situation. We'll know by the end of the 1st quarter how focused LSU is. I think the game will be close. But if it's a blowout, does anyone doubt that it will be UT blowing out LSU?

With an LSU loss, Les Miles becomes the unforgiven. Louisiana sports stores will sell a lot of scarlet and silver clothing each November for years to come. :tigereye:

3. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Cheer up, I see a bowl game in the not to distant future where we play Michigan. That will allow us to take out our frustration on how badly Michigan has effected our season. Beyond all this is the simple truth is that each player is learning important life lessons from this season.

4. Skinnjeaux

Skinnjeaux Founding Member

Well said. It's very disappointing the way this season has unfolded, especially with the lofty expectations and the potential of this team. Hopefully, this will all turn out to be something that brings this team together and inspires them to finish strong for each other and their school.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Maybe but all bets are off this year.
    There is no guarantee we will win these next 2 games only time will tell.
    I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Iowa game a few years back.

Btw: I started a thread about the possibility of us playing UM with CLM's on the sidelines, is it possible for this to happen this soon?
    Has this ever happened before?

I am curious about this and re-typing it because someone at this forum deleted my thread for some reason?:huh:

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

it's unfortunate the way its unfolding but this team hasn't been focused since va tech, it's not like they've been tearing up the world and this will be the downfall.

if the last 3/4 of the season is the norm maybe this will shake things up and get these guys to focus and come together as a team.

for the players it's not about les and bo, it's about purple and gold.:thumb:

7. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Pete Fuitak on Fox Sports web site says:

Link:http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7506132