the south carolina board....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Oct 15, 2003.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

that thing is frickin hilarious. they spend more time worried about what we are saying over here than talking about the cocks....gamecocks...such a bad word, sorry.

it goes from how we give them no respect, to how we think their food is bland, to how their entrance to 2001: A Space Oddessy is the greatest in all of college football.

for the record:

1. we do respect USC, but much like a cheap one night stand you will be out on the curb after we are finished with you

2. your food is bland, South Louisiana food wins hands down

3. your entrance is gay, ask anyone with football knowledge and it is not even top 20 as far as entrances go

LSU 27
    USC 10

2. dc33usc

dc33usc Freshman

1. I could care less if you respect us (you will about 11:30 saturday night).

2. Your food is the best in the United States, hands down.

3. Why don't you talk to Kirk Herbstreet, Lee Corso, Cris Fowler, or Mike Gotfreid about 2001. Last time I checked they are pretty respectable.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

2001?

We Won the SUGAR

4. mesquite tiger

anyone can play a theme from a movie and run out on the field to it, what is so great about that?

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I remember watching a South Carolina/Florida game a few years ago...It was on ESPN and the entire stadium was wearing black....Florida ended up winning by a large margin but I do remeber that the atomoshere looked pretty wild (for that one game, anyway)...... is that what you are refering to???

Well I'm glad this a night game....I expect to have an awesome time!!

6. outsider

outsider Founding Member

I am going to have say that as a South Carolina fan the entrance is exciting, so is every other teams entrance to their fans. I think that it doesn't mean crap as far as the game. However, I will say that my wife loves it and doesn't want to miss it and she knows a good bit about football. I personally could care less, that is really about 10 more minutes I could be outside drinking beer waiting on the real game to start. That 60 seconds that it last doesn't mean much, however, we look darn good running out on the field. It's after that where we have our problems. Just my opinion and I am sure I will get comments from gamecock faithful.

7. mesquite tiger

here is a tradition that gives me the chills...

The Fighting Tiger bandswalk into the stadium. Listening to the drums as they approach, then they stop, the anticipation in the crowd grows to a fevered pitch, and they salute the crowd with Hold that Tiger. then they take off running.

i have the chills just typing about it

8. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

WHAT THA?

What does USC to for there entrance?

9. mesquite tiger

they stand in the tunnel while the theme to the movie 2001: A Space Oddessey plays in the stadium. You may know it better as the entrance for Ric Flair in wrestling (the nature boy). When it is finished, sweet Lou leads the team onto the field.

again I ask, what is so great or original about that?

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

You are kidding right? Last time I checked, they were laughable. Entertaining yes, but not respectable.

Well, thats what is important, I guess. Personally, there arent any entrances that really seem all that cool to me. Its just a means to get from the locker room to the field, but I get chills everytime LSU does it.