The Stand-Up Comedy Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by BigWee_TEAMKATT, Jan 28, 2008.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Saddam Hussein died quicker on the rope. This guy swings for ten minutes and he is still living. Just brutal. Folks got their moneys worth that night!

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Let's resurrect this thread.... who are your favorite stand up comedians?

Who are your favorite stand up comedians? I'm going to list my top 10 and maybe I can learn of some new ones out there from you guys.

10. Mitch Fatel - he kind of sounds like he is missing a chromosome, but he is hilarious.
    09. Bill Burr - this dude is one of the angriest comedians out there.
    08. Katt Williams - everyone knows this guy by now, extremely funny, especially his katrina stuff about thugs having to keep their strap above water.
    07. Louis CK - didn't really watch his show that much, his stand up is gold, especially when he talks about his kids, and being a father.
    06. Richard Pryor - Richard was one of those guys who didn't even need material, he would just talk to an audience.
    05. Greg Giraldo - Greg was one of the funniest guys in the business, him talking about marriage and fat americans were awesome.
    04. Patrice O'Neal - Patrice would just speak his mind, whenever wherever, including fox news.
    03. Doug Stanhope - the funniest comic still alive in my opinion. But knowing Doug and the way he drinks and his vices, he won't be around much longer sadly. Hopefully he is able to kill himself quickly and violently, before the drugs and alcohol kill him. At least that is what Doug would want.
    02. Mitch Hedberg - the stoners comic. this dude would say shit that was so simple, yet so damn funny. "I once drank some boiling water because I wanted to whistle" "when I go shave I assume someone else in the world is shaving, so I say, I'm gonna go shave too." I could go on and on.
    01. Bill Hicks - dude is still relevant today. You can listen to a Bill Hicks stand up show from the 90's and his material still has present day meaning. My favorite comic of all time.

4 of my top 5 are dead, and 5 of my top 6 are dead. And I forgot George Carlin so actually he would be in my top 5 making 6 out of 7 dead.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

John Pinette is freaking hilarious! "Get up, we're going on the Epcot Death March today!.....I lose my cherub-like demeanor in that heat."

4. mctiger

Don't really follow Gary Gulman, but this is a fantastic routine, and the last line is just killer:

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

George Carlin, Greg Giraldo, Richard Pryor, Rodney Carrington, Patrice O'neal, Dave Chappelle.

Chappelle's Show was on point, so was Giraldo on the roasts.

Carlin and Pryor were the two greatest of all time. Honorable Mention: Redd Fox.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Steven Wright

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Resurrected again after I came across this video of Bill Burr that's got to be the funniest thing I've seen in a while. It's an older clip, but apparently they were doing a show in Philly and the audience was full of drunks that had been unmercifully heckling every single comedian before him, so instead of doing his usual routine, he spends his entire set just slinging insults at the crowd. Aside from a cheap shot at NOLA, this is freaking gold.

Oh yeah, he got a standing ovation at the end of his set.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Rodney Dangerfield, Ron White, Eddie Murphy

9. mctiger

RIP John Pinette