The State of LSU Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

I have not said one word about LSU basketball this year, but now that the season in over I will now tell everyone how I feel. I believe that we need a change at the top. It has become very obvious that with Coach Brady we will not become a power in the SEC. We have to many players leaving, quitting and worse the ones that stay regressing. I read on Dandy Don that he wants Buthc Piere to become the head coach. I will not suggest any head coach, bc I don't know enough about the qualifications of the assistant coaches nor any other canidates. I do believe that a young coach that would bring a lot of exitement would bring back the fans. We shall see. Thank god for football and baseball.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I like Butch but I don't think he is the one to replace Brady. We need someone from outside the program with some fresh ideas. :geaux: :lsug:

3. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

I think Coach Pierre is a good coach. I don't know if he would be one of the elite coaches in the SEC, but I know that we would get Tasmin Mitchell to come play for him. That would be great. We would have Tack Minor, Darrel Mitchell (if he stays till his senior year), Brandon Bass (if he stays for his junior season), Glen Davis, Tasmin Mitchell, Regis Koundjia, Ross Neltner, and a few more in recruiting. That sounds like a lot of talent to me.

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Butch Pierre is just going to be more of the same...it would be like Johnny Jones replacing Dale. Skip needs to look outside the program at some of the
    better coaches around the country, and make the committment to putting this program on top. Tom Izzo and John Calipari would be at the top of my list to at least talk to. We have one of the nation's elite athletic departments...there's no reason to think Skip couldn't get these guys if he wanted them.