The State of Mississippi has never won a D1 NCAA title...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jwb0581, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Just too many voices out there. On that NCAA link, some are polls while others are rating systems, which some schools claim as a national championship. I guess if a school wants a championship bad enough they'll say ______ has us ranked first, so that makes us champs.

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Let me help you out on this, here's a link to what you read in SI.
    http://www.collegefootballnews.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18182

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

That number doesn't represent just footbal championships. It's total DI championships in all sports.

4. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

It looks like the problem is between "National Championships" and "NCAA National Championships".

If the SI article (or anybody) based these total "championships" on NCAA data, then that would make sense that Mississippi has zero b/c the NCAA does not recognize any D1 national football championships at all.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

im referring to the four listed on the link provided above about ncaa football championships (lsu has 4)---my post was a bit sarcastic. most, if not all of those "championships" are crap (including the AP). bcs has the most value because its a mixture of others.

6. jwb0581

jwb0581 Founding Member

I thought SI would be more "official" than a collegefootballnews.com forum post. But then again, what I say is just a forum post too. So thanks!:thumb:

7. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

I just renewed my sub to SI, and didn't get that issue nor see or read the article anywhere else. Somewhere on the SI list, do they give a source for the info they used?