The sun came up this morning....

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Jan 15, 2018.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Glad to see nobody jumped. I was concerned about a few who might have stood on the ledge, but then I remembered, we're Saint's fans.

dachsie likes this.
  2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

That’s the one

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No, he was getting all the throws because they were afraid to throw at Lattimore. Don't forget, the one call against him that led to 3 points in the 1st quarter was a horrible call. Even Pereira on FOX, who is a former ref and doesn't like calling out refs, said that should have been a no call or even an offensive PI.

Last year, Crawley was utterly lost. He was like Harris this year, no idea what he was doing. This year he was much better in coverage, was consistently around his man. If the learning curve continues he will be a very good corner next season.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    ParadiseiNC and didit like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

BAY0U BENGAL likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think Crawley had a pretty good year. He had a lot of PI’s but overall I thought he was a decent 2. Williams in that situation though I just don’t know what that dude is thinking going for a knockout blow right there. Just play the ball or make a tackle and it’s over, but this dude has to try to get on a highlight reel and ends up taking the only other player that could have made a tackle out of the play in process. I mean I feel for him, but I don’t at the same time. That was a monumental Buckner like fuck up.

ParadiseiNC and didit like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Now Buckner has company. His name and Williams name will be mentioned for the rest of their lives no matter how great Williams career turns out. Bill Buckner played in the big leagues for 22 years and had over 2700 base hits. Now can anybody say Jackie Smith?

kcal likes this.
  7. didit

didit Veteran Member

Definitely need to pick up another corner, draft, trade or f.a... I don't think breaux will ever be dependable again... We need players we can count in for a season...

Richdog likes this.
  8. didit

didit Veteran Member

This... Just look at the picture... All he has to do is tackle the guy's legs and the wr falls on his back, game over... Gotta see what you tackle but dude is looking at the ground... It's just bad all around...
    On to of that, I think we had a very good chance of beating Philly next week...

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The similarity for Buckner and Smith is that those things happened at the end of their careers. MWill is a rookie, and could make any number of big plays moving on that will overshadow this one.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If he plays for a thousand years NOTHING WILL EVER OVERSHADOW THIS ONE!

Richdog likes this.