The sun came up this morning....

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Jan 15, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So who is a free agent after this season and where do the Saints need to focus on in the draft and in free agency? Obviously a tight end is needed, I wish they would throw some change at Jarvis Landry and bring him home and have Landry on one side and Thomas on another. I think they need another safety, and maybe a defensive lineman as well.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

At the end of the season you have one team that is happy.
    Everyone else is saying what if.

3. didit

didit Veteran Member

Problem is, I don't think he's played more than 10 games the last few seasons...
    We need another cover corner, help for cam on the DL and a t.e.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard the name Jimmy Graham mentioned today be he may be too expensive.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Breaux played in every game his rookie year, then just 6 in 2016 in which he had exactly one pass broken up. Then of course, played not at all this year. I agree, they'll look at other corners, but I think they'll give DB a long look to prove he can still play.

I said quite a few times in here, I think the unsung hero of the defense this year was Okafor. The pass rush lost all consistency when he went out. If he comes all the way back, he'll be hard to beat out.

Agree, Fleener's days hear are done. I'd love to see us get the Andrews kid from Oklahoma in the draft.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. mctiger

This article has thumbnails of our UFA's....all 19 of them. http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/01/19_saints_who_are_questionable.html

Landry and Thomas would be a formidable pairing. Only problem I see is that they bring a similar skill set, but neither has the pure speed to really stretch the field. We need that; someone with Ginn-type speed, but more reliable hands.

7. mctiger

And some, like us, are saying wtf

stevescookin and Bengal B like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What are they saying in Pittsburgh? Crushing as the result was at least the Vikings have be a decent team most years and were one of the favorites going into this season. The Jag U Wars have been a perennial doormat since the beginning of time. (There, I said it but it still doesn't help. You would think I would be immune by now to anything the Saint's could do.)

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think we all feel like Charlie Brown today. I searched for a meme with Charlie wearing a Saints uniform but didn't find one.
    [​IMG]

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Now I hate the Vikings. After the TD and review to confirm I stopped watching. Final score was 29-23 so I had assumed that there was no extra point try. I just saw that the ViQueens had failed on a 2 point conversion attempt. Going for 2 was like rubbing salt in the wound. Whether they made it or not wouldn't have even effected the spread forcrissake.