The Sun Devils don't know what they're in for.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, May 23, 2005.

1. max

max Founding Member

On schedule: Big games of the year
    May 23, 2005
    By Dennis Dodd
    Sept. 10
    Arizona State at LSU: The Sun Devils don't know what they're in for. This is not the laidback Pac-10. LSU is the dark horse SEC favorite. The Pac-10's second-best team must prove its toughness in an environment that will be loud, humid and intimidating.
    Sept. 24
    Tennessee at LSU: Who is the SEC schedule maker? The Vols play back-to-back games at Gainesville and Baton Rouge. A split might be cause for celebration. In that case, Phil Fulmer would still be alive for the SEC title. Two losses would be disaster.
    Oct. 15
    Florida at LSU: All those who think the Gators are going to compete for the SEC title better check the schedule. By kickoff, Florida will have played Tennessee at home and Alabama on the road; survive that and the Gators will have to win in Baton Rouge, where they've done just that in the past three visits.

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I don't doubt for one second that ASU could beat us.

I mean, if OSU almost beat us last year, ASU can next year.

But, I don't see that much of a bad game happening again since many of our team members now know what to expect

We are much more talented, quicker, and should be better coached

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

just aslong as it doesnt rain again right?

4. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Now MT, I usually pretty much agree with what you say, but I'm not sure about this remark. I'm not saying that the coaching of the Oregon St. game last year was brilliant, and I do think that Miles will be great...

...but how can you say that Miles in his first game as a new coach on his biggest stage ever should be better than Saban, after winning us a national title?

This isn't intended to be a bashing post, or an insulting post, ... I'm just wondering what you mean. That's all.

5. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

DARK HORSE? Are we talking football here?

Yet proof again that any journalist worth a flip is covering news or the outdoors! South Carolina or Bama are dark horses. LSU's favored to win the West. LSU isn't a dark horse.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I have to agree with every post here.
    Don't take how good we are suppose to be for granted.
    The first thing I thought about reading the first post was yes, the OSU game.

I think the game could be tougher than most would think, you have a brand new coaching staff here, they will be tested this year, they will have to work out the
    kinks somewhere down the line.
    May God help us if we don't get more consistant QB play this year!

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think he means better coached than ASU.

8. BB

BB Founding Member

I thought we were the Tigers!? I'm confused...

South Carolina is a Dark Horse - so that makes them Horse Cocks?

Is Auburn a Dark Horse? Would that make them War Horses?

9. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Good point. Most folks think UNT will be walk in the park. They will be enough of a test. Much like Oregon State set the tone for 2004, UNT could for 2005. The expectations of this team by many, and I am one of them, is based on how young a team we had last year.

The same weekend Middle Tennessee hooks up with Alabama. I know comparative scores don't mean much, but MTSU and Bama are picked in similar roles as UNT and LSU. This might just be the barometer of the Red Elephant and Tiger seasons.

As for Arizona State, much like Tennessee, their bowl win has puffed them up greatly. This team finished 3-3 in regular season play, were blown out by USC and Cal, and lost to a bad Arizona at the end of the season. LSU played, IMO, their best game in the last regular season outing against a fired up Arkansas squad.

I think the trips to State and Vandorkbilt are the tests.

(Just gotta wonder what the media would say if that Hail Mary hadn't work. Eh, will catch Iowa in the Rose Bowl and see if they have a 22 point last second play in january 2006!)

10. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Nope, CO-WAR HORSES