The sweater vest resigns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, May 30, 2011.

1. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I read the article and saw that it mainly dealt with Tressel's association with the Pharmacy's book cooking and handing out benefits to Youngstown State players; all the car deals for all those years for OSU players; and the tattoo parlor memorabilia sales.

Apparently a continuing parade of OSU player's arrests was not part of the article.

Severe sanctions are on the way and sham in house investigations by OSU make lack of institutional control seemingly inevitable...(if the NCAA has enough guts to do it).

I think it's just beginning to start with Tressel and the AD and even the University president may be forced out. No way something of this scale was not known by the university administration. I don't believe they were clueless about so long of a continuing episode of corruption involving so much money.

This will hurt more than just the athletic department.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I agree. I also would like to know how everybody else (reporters) could miss this. Impossible.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

6. stevescookin

I got this link from another site and it's pretty powerful and a much stronger indicator of the depth of corruption at Ohio State.

(If you're a Miles basher now, you won't be after reading this link and comparing it to what type of program we have here at LSU.)

Genuinely Sarcastic: Dotting the Lie

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

And the NCAA wonders why people think its infractions committee is a joke. By the time these whiz kids cobble together enough brain cells to start connecting the dots, the trail already stretches back over a decade.

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Wow thanks Steve! Great link. The combination of the article and this stuff looks really bad.

9. stevescookin

I bet the car stuff has been going on so long that the original cars involved are probably parted out or scrapped for metal by now!!!

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nick never makes the same mistake twice. He screwed up leaving a winning program and a recruiting gold mine at LSU and he knows it. Having managed to find himself another, he won't leave Bama lightly. On the other hand, Nick has a temper, has happy feet, and is easily pissed off. If he ever did walk from Bama it would be to Ohio State, where he has got a ton of roots. But Nick is as smart as Les, I say. When he leaves Bama it will be to retire to that lake house in Georgia.