The sweater vest resigns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, May 30, 2011.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Agreed. Also, the Buckholes are about to say hello to USC - and not in the Rose Bowl. In the chit house. I don't think Nick liked Kiffen enough to join him. But if he did bolt Bama for Ohio what would become of the statue. Would they put a bird feeder next to it?

2. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I like it! Funny stuff.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

4. tigerrunner8

tigerrunner8 Veteran Member

5. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

The NCAA said they would never impose the death peanlity to another University again after SMU. Well, whatever the closest thing is to the Death Penalty, that is what tosu needs! I've read almost everythig I could find about this and at times the violations were as blatant as SMU was in the 80's. It's been about 25 years since the sanctions were handed down to SMU, and I think that the NCAA needs to flex their muscle in a big way!

The BCS had a chance with all of the Fiesta Bowl crap and they did virtually nothing. I hope the NCAA comes down as hard as they can on tosu!

:geauxtige:geauxtige
    :geauxtige:geauxtige

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You want to know the root cause of this?

7. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Tressel is a huge hypocrite. He actually teaches a class on football at THE Ohio State University. He wrote a book where scripture is featured. In addition, he presents a goody goody image trying to dress the part with a sweater vest. Well the sweater vest has unraveled and what's underneath isn't pretty.:D

I think Ohio State needs sanctions just for being pretentious enough to emphasize the THE in their name. Can I get an amen!

8. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Please show me where the NCAA actually released a statement saying they would never impose the death penalty again. Just because it is reasonable to assume they will never hand it out again after witnessing the destruction it had on SMU's entire athletic department, doesn't mean they have come out and said it.

9. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

THE Ohio State is about to get their "i dotted" in a huge way ....

It probably coincidence that Tressel's DOO is Todd Ames ..... former director of football operations under Nick Saban at alabama.:yelwink2:

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Agreed, in theory the death penalty should be on the table at all times pending an investigation. Auburn is a case in point. If the rabbit hole goes as deep as Alabama reps and senators and a widespread, entrenched system of PFP, then that is certainly grounds for the death penalty IMO. I'm not stating for a fact that's the case at Auburn, OSU or anywhere else before the evidence comes out, but if a school didn't receive such strict sanctions for something that egregious, what would they get it for? And if the death penalty is never on the table and the NCAA is on record supporting that, then why shouldn't a program go "all in" on its violations? In for a dime, in for a dollar.