The sweater vest resigns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, May 30, 2011.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the ncaa did nothing so they could make their money. they suspended 5 dudes the following year whom they knew would never play another down of college football.

someone suspend the ncaa. permanently.

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

agreed .... but there's a massive difference between proven facts versus internet innuendo. There's also a big difference between a program that fully cooperates with NCAA investigators and one that initiates a proven cover-up. :thumb:

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

All very true. However, I'm also sure that prior to December most Ohio State fans thought their program was being completely forthcoming with the NCAA, too. Most of our fans think Les is as clean as the wind-driven snow, much like OSU fans thought Tressel was. Maybe Les is, maybe not, I sure hope he is. You just never know when so much money is on the line for so many people.

I have no idea what the end result of any of these investigations will be, and it will likely be at least a couple of years before anyone does. I have a bad feeling the NCAA is looking for someone to make an example of. They've publicly humiliated themselves throughout all of last year, and the sheer extent of what SI has reported in connecting the dots will end up being yet another black eye for the competence of the infractions committee. If the big stick isn't on the table and the NCAA refuses to wield it, the inmates will be running the asylum in very short order.

4. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

5. lsudolemite

6. tirk

even the pitiful 5 cylinder h3?

1 person likes this.
  7. lsudolemite

:D Dang it, Tirk, we're trying to save the environment here.

1 person likes this.
  8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

(edit: this is in reference to the death penalty postings on the previous page)

If the NCAA ever gives Alabama and Auburn the death penalty, I bet the SEC votes to SECede from the NCAA and start up their own intercollegiate athletic association, sign their own TV contract and remove mega $$$ from the NCAA.

(maybe with PFP as the hallmark of the new league)

9. tirk

they wont even suspend 5 dudes from a bowl game. never gonna happen, hoss.

careful though boise, you provided almost 5k$ worth of stuff to 63 recruits over 5 years but you dont move the needle. so you could be an escape goat.

could be death penalty for them. 77 bucks per kid.

10. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

I think the next highest up punishment is the TV ban. But even that is hard to imagine happening to a school like Ohio State. The ramifications would be crazy. What would happen to the B1G network with their star gone? Michigan/Ohio State game deleted from the airwaves. Does ABC/ESPN demand a rebate - hell, do they even have that option? And I'm sure the Rose Bowl and other associated bowls would have an opinion on the subject.

I'm not sure if the idea of conferences splitting from the NCAA really has any traction in conference boardrooms or is just a media talking point. The Big 10 would have to at least discuss it seriously if Ohio State got TV banned, though. And any other major conference that thinks the Big 10 is considering it, would likewise have to consider it. I'd almost want to see it just for the fun of watching the chaos happen. But as far as I'm concerned, Ohio State getting TV ban or death penalty is nothing but a theoretical construct until it happens. Just too unfathomable.