Crime The Tamir Rice shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The kid was 12 - not a 6'4' 18 year old "gentle giant." Maybe he was a bit immature even for his age. I could see myself playing with toy guns when I was 6 or 7 but not by the age of 12. Unlike the Brown case Tamir Rice wasn't trying to beat down the cop and no altercation or exchange of words occurred. The cops just pulled up, drew down and shot a harmless 12 year old boy. Now you are calling him an asshole and a dangerous criminal.

Look, I fully agree with you on the other thread about Wilson being exonerated but this is way different.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It's in there. After the person walks past. He holds it up with two hands. It's clear he's not gangsta YET cause he didn't turn it sideways.

3. LSUTiga

He raises his shirt and is reaching for it.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It just seems our marines have stricter ROE's than cops.

I am of the belief that if these two cops couldn't figure out a way to handle a 4ft kid, then they should find another career.

The way they rolled up on him was something out of GTA.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Why would a kid raise his shirt to reach for a toy? The video is so blurry he could have had it in his hand and went to put it away as to hide it from the cops.

How could you even see that with the cop car basically blocking the video?

6. LSUTiga

Exactly, so know you understand why the little fugger got shot.

Same reason I could see him pointing the pistol that you couldn't see him clearly pointing - I watched closely and attentively.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

He didn't point anything at the cop.

Like I said, if these two knuckle head cops could t figure out how to disarm a 4 ft 12 year old kid, they need a new career.

You never drive up on someone with a gun like that. If it was a REAL criminal with a gun, both cops could have easily been killed. Easily.

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

WHO SAID "COP?" Quit deflecting. I never said "cop." I said, "passers-by," to which you responded, "I didn't see where he was point it at people? I know a question mark does not go there but that's how it was in your post. Here, so we don't get sidetracked with puncutation.
    Shut up when you're wrong.

These two statements make me realize you don't have a clue and it's no use to continue discussing this with you.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So if he didn't point hte gun at a cop, why did a cop shoot? Becuase he raised his shirt? When is that against the law?

AT NO POINT IN THIS VIDEO DOES IT SHOW HIM POINT IT AT A PERSON.
    http://news.yahoo.com/cleveland-release-video-boy-shot-officer-110012912.html
    It does show him holding up the gun, but in that video, no other people are in it other than the BOY and then the cops.

Unless you have a different video, you are wrong.

The fact that you are saying he is pointing it at people who are none existent in the video tells me you are assuming everything and that the kid is guilty for no other reason that pulling up his shirt.

Where is this person?? Do you see ghost or something?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Everything Red has said would be correct, except for the fact he was 12 years old. So applying adult rules to a child's reaction and behavior doesn't quite fit. Why the kid didn't put down the gun and raise his hands is something we will never know. But to shoot within 2 seconds at point blank range was beyond crazy. Is that the protocol these days?

The kid wasn't necessarily a "dumbass". He was highly underestimating the situation at hand, however.

tirk and Bengal B like this.