Crime The Tamir Rice shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Nov 26, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Raising a shirt and reaching for a gun when cops drive up? Don't be silly.

There's our problem. With my clearance I have better intel. I have the full version.

http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2014/11/full_surveillance_video_captur.html

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We do not do trial by gun fire in the United States.

That version isn't much better. No way you can prove he is pointing it at that person.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Help me understand this:

1. A 12 year old child playing with toys in a public park is gunned down by cops within 2 seconds of them rolling up and leaving their vehicle, yet it barely makes a ripple in the news. No outcry, no protesters, no burning and looting. The kid was black. I don't know what color the cops are.

2. An 18 year old 6'4. 300 pound thug who had just committed a robbery and a felonious assault on a police officer is shot by the officer while defending himself. There is rioting, burning and looting both right afterward and again when the officer is exonerated by the legal system.
    Is the life of a thug more valuable than the life of a child?

3. @LaSalleAve hasn't been in this thread to post that he hopes the pigs fry. Hasn't Al Sharpton told him what to think yet?

4. LSUTiga

Sure I can cause, in addition to the vid, I heard the 911 call and the person who called SAID he was.

Do you really understand what you're saying here? When a person feels their life is threatened they have a right to shoot. Hesitation could mean you die.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Then share it.

Also, for someone who supposedly has a clearance, you are breaking the rules a lot.

Hesitation? The cops shot the kid within 2 seconds. TWO.

There is no way anyone could justify pulling the trigger on a 12 year old that fast.

6. LSUTiga

I ain't sharing shyt. Do your own homework, bitch.

I have no idea what you mean, you probably don't either.

That is an incredibly stupid statement. TWO SECONDS?!?! You know how many shots I can get off in 2 seconds? If you go back to my first post I said his partner, the driver, put him in a bad situation. Rather than parking at a distance he pulled up too close. When the perp raised his shirt and went to reach for the gun the officer had to make a split second decision....do I live or does he. He had no way to know if the gun was not real and to take that chance could've cost him his life. The punk kid should know better than to brandish a weapon in public muchless to a cop. Do you not get this?

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Internet tough guy over here!!!
    [​IMG]

If you read the clearance paper work, you wouldn't have even mentioned that you have one.

I know that in those two seconds, there is no way the cop told the kid hands up "3 times" like he claimed.

I know that less lethal force could have been used.

Its good you acknowledge the cops escalated the situation and were the result of a dead child. Both should be fired.

8. LSUTiga

Don't spin, that's not what we're discussing.

Duh. You have the advantage of hindsight, numb nut.

Escalated? Dude, you need to learn to read. Did you miss the point about the call saying someone was pointing a gun at people? And the part where he reached for it when the cops drove up. NOTHING they did warrants a punk reaching for a gun....fake OR real.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Not enough it seems.

It's not spin. I have been discussing the entire event. Not just the final result.

Yep, and the cops were wrong.

You dont know he was reaching for it and after looking at the story, there would be no reason for a kid to reach for a toy.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Fuck it man, cops are legal assassins. They can kill who they want when they want. The Shield. It was a 12 year old kid playing. Fuck I played with those air soft pistols when I was in my damn 20's.

There are good cops out there, but I suspect that a whole hell of a lot of cops are a big bunch of pussies who live in fear of being shot so they blast first and ask questions later. Those people should go find a new line of work.