The team pic after the Super Regional

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LuvDozTigers, Jun 12, 2003.

1. LuvDozTigers

LuvDozTigers Freshman

Did anyone else notice in the team pic after the Super Regional that Wally #31 and his image in the Intimidator showed up perfectly in the background? Doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.

2. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

Are you talking about the one on LSUsports.net? If so, did you also notice that on the scoreboard it had Wally 31 on it? Kind of interesting if you think about it...

3. LuvDozTigers

LuvDozTigers Freshman

That's what I mean.. Wally #31 was on the scoreboard.. and if you were there, you know that it was flashing on the scoreboard.. it wasn't stationary... I have to believe it's his way of showing that he was there.

4. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

Yeah i was there, what a great game

On the news tonight they pointed out something else... as yall all know, tomorrow is friday the 13th, but switch the numbers and its 31...Wally's behin this team 1000%, he never really left them.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Here's that picture. :geaux:

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

OhmyGod! A Friday the 13th snuck up on me and I didn't even see it coming! Thank God I don't have tridiskaphobia (fear of the number 13) Dan Marino wore # 13. He won a lot of games and set a lot of records. He will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. He never won a Superbowl. Tommy Hodson wore #13 for LSU. He was coming off a great junior year and was heavily promoted for the Heisman his senior year. He had a mediocre senior year and never did much in the NFL.

Wilt Chamberlin wore #13. He had a season where he averaged over 50 points per game. He scored 100 points in an NBA game. He supposedly had sex with over 20,000 women. He won NBA titles with Philadelphia and the LA Lakers. BUT - He is Dead.

Today it will be Friday the 13th in Baton Rouge. It will also be Friday the 13th in Fullerton, California. It is Friday the 13th in Omaha. California is the state of the weird: serial killers, fruits nuts and flakes. When I wake up I will eat a California breakfast: Cereal with fruits, nuts and flakes.

LSU's team name is the Tigers, a preditory beast of prey.

Cal State Fullerton's team name is the Titans. I don't know for
    sure what a Titan might be but at least it is a legitimate team
    name like in the Tennessee Titans (formerly the Houston and then the Tennessee Oilers)

According to a link on another thread on this forum the Cal State Fullerton Titans might be looking past the LSU Tiger toward a possible second round game with the Stanford Cardinal.

Stanford's team name used to be the Indians. In order to kiss ass to the political correctness movement they changed their team name to the Cardinal. Not the bird the Cardinals like the St Louis Cardinals or the Arizona Cardinals. Not even the Catholic Cardinal. No, just the color cardinal..

Moral of this story: If the Titans look past the hungry Tiger they may only have the chance of dipping their paint brushes in a bucket of cardinal paint if the South Carolina Gamecocks have more feathers than the cardinal.

Prediction: Tigers have a Bucket O' Fried Gamecock in the second round of the CWS!

7. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I would love to have that picture framed on my LSU wall...it's great!

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Bengal B- A titan is a mythological creature. Titan, in Greek religion and mythology, one of 12 primeval deities. The female Titan is also called Titaness. The Titans—six sons and six daughters—were the children of Uranus and Gaea. They were Kronos, Iapetus, Hyperion, Oceanus, Coeus, Creus, Theia, Rhea, Mnemosyne, Phoebe, Tethys, and Themis. The name Titan was sometimes applied also to their descendants, such as Prometheus, Atlas, Hecate, Selene, and Helios. The Titans, led by Kronos, deposed their father and ruled the universe. They were in turn overthrown by the Olympians, led by Zeus, in the battle called the Titanomachy. Zeus freed from Tartarus the Cyclopes and the hundred-handed giants, the Hecatoncheires, to aid him in the war. The Cyclopes forged Hades' helmet of darkness, Poseidon's trident, and Zeus' thunderbolts. With these weapons Zeus and his brothers were able to defeat the Titans. After the struggle Zeus sent Kronos to rule the Isle of the Blessed and condemned Atlas to bear the sky on his shoulders. Prometheus (and, in some myths, Oceanus and Themis), because he sided with Zeus, was allowed to remain on Olympus, but all the other Titans were condemned to Tartarus.

Ok, that's you're lesson for the day. There will be an exam, be sure to bring a scantron and a #2 pencil!

9. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Children of Uranus...?

(resist the temptation...resist the temptation...)

:D :geaux:

10. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

who'sanus???

sorry...I didn't resist the temptation as well as you did.:D