The Tigers Basket Ball team...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Goodlifetiger, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

played pretty good today against Miss State. But I do believe we are headed for the cellar in the SEC and will finish there.

2. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

I agree with you--the younger players looked pretty good this afternoon. Mitchell is starting to come into his own and will be a great 4 year player. Hudson is also coming into his own for a Freshman. Lucky for those two Johnson, Trask, & Gipson's departure opened up 10 minutes a game for them to develop and its certainly working.

Now how is that for a postive LSU Basketball post?

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The depatures of the above named players had nothing to do with freeing up playing time for Hudson and Mitchell. Hudson is a sophmore (I guess you spend most of your time watching Brady for something to criticize) who has been starting all year. Mitchell has been the 1st man off the bench all year and would be starting if CT3 wasn't a senior. The only player who might have had an impact was Johnson.

4. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

That is total B.S. Johnson and Gipson combined for a little over 10 playing minutes a game when they were on the team and when you combine Trask its up to a little over 11 minutes per game. That is 11 more minutes a game that Mitchell or Hudson are out on the court. That is 11 more minutes that Mitchell or Hudson are learning the game. That is 11 more minutes a game of allowing these to progress.

Secondly I didn't criticize Brady in my first post or in this post. I posted a positive post about how Hudson & Mitchell are progressing due to their increased playing time.

So next time--please read the post before jumping down my throat so you won't look like such an ass.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

You're right, I think Johnson would be taking away from Hudson & Mitchell's PT since they play power forward so much. You have a point with Gipson so I'm only half right (or wrong depending on your perspective - me personally, I'm a glass half full kind of guy). Although since Gipson has only missed 2 games prior to today's, Mitchell and Hudson must have done alot of improving in those games!

And I was merely stating my point of view, not jumping down your throat. I'm glad you're back in here posting about basketball as it makes things more interesting when there's someone to provide an opposing viewpoint (don't want to call it arguing).

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Excellent. Halfway through the post I looked to the left, saw your moniker and was truly surprised.
    In my opinion this team is a lot like last year's. Competitive every game but just can't get over the hump. Dupree misses a slam and Hudson's blocked three pointer (from about 40) goes for 2. That's 4 points and we lose by 3. (Sigh)
    Mitchell is a player and the future looks pretty good.
    I still think these guys will get hot and string together a few wins.

7. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Experienced depth

It was obvious from watching the game what those years of handicapped recruiting has done to this team. Mississippi State has players that were starting as Freshmen now playing as substitutes. Mississippi State was bigger, quicker, and better handling the ball. Bowers and the big guy from Europe were the difference makers in the game.
    We need to sign Bass and then Tasmin Mitchell before we are competitive talent wise in this conference.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And, once again, our opponent brought their A game. In their 3 losses, while Austin was out or struggling, no one stepped up to the plate. Against LSU, Bowers, Zimmerman, et.al. played like 1st team All SEC. The detractors don't like to hear that but it seems to be true.

9. -T-

-T- Founding Member

Tasmin Mitchell is a freakin sophomore roygu. how many years are you planning on waiting before we have a team that competes for an sec title. brady has got to be wearing on these players. if you have ever played for a coach like him you understand.

10. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

T you are correct---Tasmin is a Sophomore. Even Rogyu doesn't see Brady staying at LSU that long, remember he is such a hot prospect that UCLA and other hot programs will be knocking down the door at the end of the season for his talent(s). So any recruit who is a Sophomore in high school may want to think twice before committing to play Brady Ball at LSU. :p