The TPP and Warren vs Obama

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, May 12, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

They may have gotten in the way of a few things but just what have they kept barrachmed from doing? The ACA was passed with not a single republican vote, not one. Beings the R have made this their swan song so it would make sense that if they were going to obstruct something this would be it. But they didn't. Asked for changes sure but its law. Same with all the other stuff, he's gotten everything he wanted.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

maybe you dont remember 6 years of Republican congress under Bush, they got everything as well. the ACA was built on ideas from the heritage foundation
    mandatory coverage or face a fine was a conservative idea. I just dont understand the outrage from it now.
    but i do, its the messenger, not the message.

3. shane0911

The cost, it's done all wrong and when the bill comes due Barry will be 2 years out of office, unless he usurps the constitution yet again and just says screw it, I'm staying President.

Don't laugh, it's crossed his mind.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

the cost would have been the same if anyone else would have borrowed ideas from the heritage foundation and dont be that paranoid.

5. shane0911

Not talking about anyone else and don't want to derail to the ACA, my point was he has passed everything he's wanted to so where is the blockade?

6. LSUMASTERMIND

actually he hasnt at all, its a lot he hasnt gotten done and he is not the liberal you think he is.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A non-response.

Then why do you ignore that he also says "Democrats generally insist that the reason things have begun to work better is because their side isn't willing to block legislation the same way Republicans did when they served in the Senate minority."

Yes, there has been politics. What Reid has done in the Senate is a fraction of the obstruction that Boehner has conducted in the House and you STILL talk as though the House doesn't exist. And you ignore the obvious elephant in the room . . . Its an election year and the GOP has toned down the shenanigans because it has made them look like obstructionists and they don't want it to be a campaign issue.

It is you that is focused on one person and refusing to consider what the Republicans have actually done and has been widely reported. Perhaps there is little point debating you on this issue.

8. red55

Who? Do you think making reference to an absurd, debunked lie strengthens your argument somehow? I am laughing out loud.

So what? That's the way democracy works. Every Congressman gets one vote to use as he sees fit. If Republicans choose to vote as a block, its their choice.

You mean other than than more than fifty attempts to abolish the ACA, shutting down government, and repeating over and over that they will abolish it? Get real. They haven't done anything since they gained control of the entire Congress because repealing the law would snatch health coverage from millions, something Republicans might not want to actually have to answer for in an election year. Watch them change right back after Hillary wins the election.

9. shane0911

What did they keep him from passing?

I don't want to hear about bitching and moaning about something that passed anyway, tell me, what?

Can't do it can you.

What I thought.

10. red55

Good gracious, now you are arguing with yourself.