The TPP and Warren vs Obama

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, May 12, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Still can't do it can you

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Do what? The GOP has filibustered 500 bills under Obama! You can start right there. They promise to derail the Iran nuclear treaty. Watch and learn.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So if it blows up will you blame the Heritage Foundation? As I have said time and again the source of a bad idea doesn't matter. I didn't like it when they broached it. Didn't care when Mitt passed in in MA as it was the state's privilege to make their law and would have opposed under pressure Mitt as well.
    Likewise a good idea even under president Obama is a good idea. As I've noted I agree with the new trade act and giving the president fast track authority.

4. shane0911

Name the bill

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

See this is what I've been saying for years, the unwarranted blind hatred for Obama is silly because he has made Reagan era republican policy his own and Republicans still hate him.

Progressives didn't like the ACA, we want single payer healthcare. But this is a start I guess. Progressives aren't down with a lot of what Obama has done, he is still an arrester in chief and has done NOTHING about private prisons or the reform of marijuana laws. He says stupid shit like "this shouldn't be what young people are worried about" yeah right fuck face, going to jail is fucking worrisome. He was against gay marriage in public until he thought it could win him some votes. He consistently places lobbyists or ex lobbyists in high ranking positions, he kept a lot of Bush's people in his own administration. The whole Ben Bernake thing and his utter love of Wall Street criminals is sickening, he has done jack shit about campaign finance reform. All in all I think his presidency was a failure. I really do. He had a chance to be great and he pissed it all away.

LSUMASTERMIND and red55 like this.
  6. red55

Sure. Here is a few of the bills with enough votes to pass if not for a GOP fillibuster.

Manchin-Toomey Background Checks

Keep Student Loans Affordable Act of 2013

Student Loan Affordability Act

Sequestration replacement

Bring Jobs Home Act

Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act

Paycheck Fairness Act

DISCLOSE Act

Paying a Fair Share Act of 2012

Repeal Big Oil Tax Subsidies Act

Teachers and First Responders Back to Work Act of 2011

DREAM Act of 2010

Emergency Senior Citizens Relief Act

Paycheck Fairness Act (again)

Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act

Now . . . the next time I ask you to name the evidence, don't come back with "do your own research" or you are a pussy.

7. shane0911

pussy

So you are telling me that NONE of these made it and they didn't make it because a Republican minority put the kiabosh on it? Really? Come on Amigo you are better than that. These turds didn't make it because they were turds, not because of anything the little side of the house or senate had to do with it.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

you have a hard time understanding context in my post.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

bingo, blind hatred or racism, because as i said he is not as liberal as people paint him to be. He is progressive on a lot of different things, but as LaSalle has put it, a lot of the things he has done has been pretty moderate.

10. red55

No, these bill had a majority of votes and would have passed. But once they were filibustered by the republican minority, it takes 60 votes to break a filibuster. So they failed even thought they had enough votes to pass. The filibuster is a bad practice of legislation and should be outlawed. Democrats will get some payback now that the tables have turned and that won't be any better.