The Trend Continues...........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Hate to start one of these threads again but couldn't pass it up. Another Evangel guy apparently not doing to well in college. What a shocker :shock:

Wasn't someone on here a few months back pumping this guy up as the starter next season?

Brent Rawls

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The problem is they get to college, experience a pass rush and go "what the hell was that?" Very few colleges utilize the 16 step drop.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

The website states that his major is "University Studies"...

Well, aren't ALL majors university studies?????

4. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

He wuz robbed!!!

How long before the public is informed that Rawls is leaving OU for greener pastures? When was the last time one of those stud QBs from Evangel played out his full college tenure at one university?

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Evangel's system is designed to win at the high school level. Sure, the Booty's, Brock Berlin and Rawls set all kind of records in high school but none of them are prepared for what they will face in Division 1A college football. So far every one of them has been a pussy who has bailed out when everything didn't go their way in college. I predict that Brock Berlin will be replaced as the Miami starter early in the season. The youngest Booty Baby will have his Daddy at USC to whine to. Anybody want to start a pool on how long it will be before both of them pack their bags and head elsewhere?

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Re: He wuz robbed!!!

Josh Booty played for only one university.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think that some of these Evangel players have what it takes physically to succeed on the college level. It just seems like something is missing between the ears. It's like they attempt to explain their football factory by saying their school is about God, not football. Just call it what it is, a football factory.

8. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

During spring workouts, I was under the impression that Rawls was competing with White for the starting job this upcoming season. I think some people even picked him to win the starting role. I can't imagine competing for the #1 spot and come fall, you're the #4 QB on the depth chart, behind a rs freshman. I know there was word about him partying a little too much, but I don't see that being the reason for him dropping to #4.

I agree that Evangel is an offensive football factory. They are designed to win at the high school level. Although, isn't Tim Rattay from Evangel? I guess he may be an exception.

9. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Not sure they play by the rules geting thier players. I would like to see how many families actually live in the area when thier kid transfers to Evangel.

10. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Evangel quarterbacks tend to be overrated because of the three-semester eight grade. That makes their footballers one year older than everyone else's, which causes them to look better in high school than they really are.

It also puts graduation in January, which allows them to have an extra spring practice session in college and makes them even more attractive to D-1 teams.