The Trent Green hit today

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mesquite tiger, Sep 10, 2006.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

it got a "He may be dead" quote out of me just now. He just got lit up, and has not moved since. I hope he is alright - that was a nasty shot and very questionable..........

2. clair

clair Rockets

the guy was blocked into him...

QBs aren't what they used to be.

I've seen Aikman take far worse shots, and never have to be on the ground for months like this

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

he was barely pushed from behind. Trent Green was in his slide and the defender should have pulled up as he had a lot of time. No updates on his condition yet...........

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Good for Aikman. But hey, instead of feeling worried for Trent Green, let's just call him a wuss. He got lit up and could potentially be seriously injured, no matter how you look at it.

:dis:

5. clair

clair Rockets

While I hope he isn't hurt, obviously, I won't pretend like he is my best friend, like all of you are doing.

P.S. it was such an ugly, ruthless play, that he wasn't flagged for it...

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hes conscious and talking but doesnt remember the hit at all. should be ok....eventually.

shoulda been a flag, was pretty brutal. willie roaf come home. hes gonna be the new david carr with this line.

that commercial where bush talks the dude into taking him over lj may have turn out to be smart.

7. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

So being concerned for a QB who get's his clock cleaned his all of the sudden being his best friend? No, it's called good sportsmanship. I don't think anyone here is saying it was an ugly, ruthless play, although I do think its pretty cheap for a defender to go for a hit like that as the QB is sliding and will be called down anyway. I only saw a highlight of the play, so if he was blocked into him, then fine, otherwise, I say cheap shot.

8. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Eff Trent Green I'm glad he got hurt, damn guy is nothing like Troy Aikman. If Green was a Cowboy he would've gotten up after that hit, shot laser beams from his eyes, killed the guy who hit him, then would've eaten him, found the guys kids, and eaten them too. After that he would've come back into the game and thrown for 750 yards and 10 TD's. Alas, though, he isn't a cowboy so now he is a pansy and no one should care how badly he is hurt.

9. clair

clair Rockets

did I not say I hoped he was okay?

What good does it do for us to send our best wishes and say how we hope he will be okay on here?

Will he read this?

10. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I'll remember that the next time you send your best wishes to an LSU player who gets hurt. Regardless of whether he reads it or not (which he won't) there is nothing wrong with expressing a little humanity about his condition.