The true story about this prison scandal

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, May 8, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Just as I suspected about this whole thing and wrote in my previous posts.
    Its all about interrogations and its starting to come out.

I don't know where this country goes from here but we are in deep Sh*t.
    This country is too soft and there is too much hostility between the parties
    in this country.
    How many Americans have to die at home and abroad before we quit this
    soft attitude Sh*t and decide the world doesn't play the game the same way
    we do?

We are at war with other countries and people are crying about war crimes
    when we didn't even hurt any of these prisoners.
    Take the war crimes issue and shove it, go tell the American civilians families
    and soldiers that were killed and tortured about that including that journalist
    that they found his remains in Pakistan or Afghanistan.

Heres your Link and I hope this country can survive for the rest of my life and
    my children.

I'm very disappointed on what I see in this country and where we're headed! :(

Link:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4928006/

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

interesting. my brother in law is in military intelligence. i think he does information gathering in the field. he wears civilian clothes and passes out 100 dollar bills to iraqis who provide good info. i bet he has interesting things to say about the iraqis, and getting information. he is in afghanistan now, but at the time of the scandal was in iraq. i hope he wasnt near this prison, because it looks like they might blame the intelligence guys.

my dad told me some interesting things about prisoners. he was 9 years old when world war 2 ended. he said in his hometown in south carolina they had german POWs and you could go down to where they were and borrow em to help you work your farm. and they didnt worry so much about how they treated them. they didnt worry about offending everyone. my dad was outraged when their was controversy over the guantanamo guys not getting pita bread like they wanted. he said "when i was a kid, we would just throw the germans a sack of potatoes and tell em to cook it themselves, and it was fine, they cooked up some boiled potatoes and didnt complain." they would give em pots and sacks of rice and let the prisoners cook for themselves and generally take care of themselves. there was no pita bread. nowadays you have to give em prayer mats or face international outrage.

sourdoughman makes a good point. these soldiers holding the iraqis may have good reason to be mad at these prisoners. for all we know those same prisoners just killed americans in a firefight. and all they get for punishment is naked pile-ons? that isnt so bad. i would surely hate to be in a naked human pyramid with my fellow prisoners, but its hella better than getting your legs bashed with a baseball bat or having your corpse dragged through the streets.

but i suppose it may come out that real tortures happened. that would be bad. but until then i think we could stop using the words brutality and torture to describe what these pictures show. and if the humiliations of iraqis made em talk and give information that helped our guys, then i am all for it.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

The United States and isolationism is sounding more and more like an interesting idea...

4. BB

BB Founding Member

This is what I refer to as "The Pussification of America" - I actually wanted to write a thesis on the softening of our society. Change will only happen when the public tells the media that they are not interested in sensationalized stories being spun for political gain. It will happen, people will just get fed up at some point - I just hope it is sooner than later and not after another very tragic event on American soil. Some of these liberal pukes are scary - it absolutely scares me how little they care about anything else aside from winning the White House and how illogical their ideas are and how disconected they are in general. God help us...

5. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

Well, hopefully our military has learned it's lesson: Next time, don't take pictures.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Oh, I get it. It's the media's fault. They made all of this up. Now it will all just go away.

The pussification of America isn't the problem. The dumbification is a huge one, though.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

HERE HERE. Well put.