The Trust Issue

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CottonBowl'66, Feb 6, 2004.

1. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

A major poll this morning shows that 55% of voters think Bush is not completely trustworthy. Things are looking up for America.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Would it be a lot of trouble to provide a link to this "major poll"?I'd like to see who was polled, what the questions were, etc.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

And Dole led Clinton at this time in 1996. A lot changes in nine months.

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

The incumbent always takes hits in the polls around this time when the press is reporting all the negative comments towards the incumbent by the candidates of the opposition's party.

5. CottonBowl'66

Re: Re: The Trust Issue

Dick Cheney is a dangerous person. One administration person from the first Bush team said that, "Cheney wasn't always right, but he was always sure."

Even as recently as two weeks ago, Cheney was telling crowds that the two "trailers" that were found in Iraq were proof of a biological weapons program. This even as everyone else in the intelligience community, along with David Kay, had concluded they had nothing to do with biological weapons.

Cheney is an amazing combination of arrogance and tunnel vision. Some statements he makes don't appear to be rooted in reality.

If Bush is re-elected, the lesson they will draw is that "war is good"; "we got away with fooling them once, and we can do it again."

Cheney and Rumsfeld, along with some very high ranking Jews around Bush, are fanatical pro-Israel hawks. Their position is that all strong arm tactics by Israel are justified, and that the Palestinians have no rational position in the Middle East. Israel is 100% right and the Arabs are completely wrong.

I think if Bush goes back in, we will be going to war again. I think the lesson they will draw is that they did not go far enough, and that American military might can solve the Middle East problem with military action.

That is a very dangerous belief.

I think Bush went into Iraq for oil, Israel, and his Daddy. I think Bush attacked because he was told Saddam was almost helplessly weak, not because he thought he was strong.

I do think Bush is surprised he has not found a few drums of nerve gas in Iraq. But there is a quantum leap from having WMD in a lab, and having them in huge quantities in weaponized form ready to be used on a battlefield.

That is what I suspect Bush was tipped off about at some point. I think Bush knew Saddam had no weaponized WMD.

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

is Dick cheney the "big bad wolf " this week? :shock: Oh mommy make the bad man stop! :cry:

LOL who's next? let's see Rush Limbaugh, George Bush, Dick Cheney. HEy I know Condelezza Rice! Oh she is sooooo omnious! woooo those menacing eyes! I bet she even brushes her teeth! :shock:

Gosh if only it were Freddie Krugar and Jason instead of those evil republicans! :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

7. CottonBowl'66

Condoleeza should have been fired when she told Congress after 911 that no one could "conceive" that they would fly planes into buildings. Since there were several plans to do just that that had appeared in newspapers over the last decade, her statement showed her complete incompetence to be National Security Advisor.

In Swahilli, "Condoleeza" means "in over your head."

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm SHOCKED!! A racist comment from a liberal! Are you a secret David Duke supporter?

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

In American it means she will be the National Security Advisor a few more years and can probably do pretty well for herself despite your exxagerated swill. She is probably one of the most educated women in Politics, and she could probably do better than you on her worst incompetant day.

10. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Re: Re: Re: The Trust Issue

The only people whose beliefs were controlled by oil in regards to Iraq were the French and Russians.
    continued at link