The truth about Pearl Harbor and how FDR provoked the Japanese

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by MiketheTiger69, Mar 3, 2004.

1. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Again, if you are implying that FDR moved the US Navy's main base to Pearl Harbor so it would be easier for it to be attacked, reality does not support that.

The expedition to bomb Pearl Harbor was a huge gamble taken at huge risk by the Japanese--one that many of them thought very unwise.

The US War Department had told the commanders at Pearl Harbor to expect war with Japan to break out at any moment, so they should get ready.

The US Navy and Army Air Corps should have been able to protect the base anyway, if they had been given proper orders before Dec 7. The commanders there did not give those orders.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

CB, for the first time ever, if I had to support a side in an argument, I would take yours. You do realize, however, that we all now know that you secretly support Bush's actions since 9/11/01.

3. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

God forbid that any of you narrow minded folks should ever be on a jury where someones life is at stake. you would have read the newpapers and listened to the tv and have the poor bastard tried, convicted and sentenced before the trial ever starts. Never mind the evidence.
    You probably still believe the earth is the center of the universe and Apollo pulls the sun across the sky in his chariot. That was fact once too.
    What the hell do you want me to do, print the whole freakin book on here? Get off your ass and go get them, read them and then pass judgement or STFU! BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU SPEAK FROM TOTAL IGNORANCE!!!

4. SabanFan

Why? Because we don't agree with you?

5. CottonBowl'66

Don't bother. There are some people I don't want on my side and you are one of them.

6. CottonBowl'66

Mike, what do you want? I went back to your original post and I addressed some of it specifically.

Claiming that FDR was "provoking" the Japanese by moving the US Navy's main Pacific base to Pearl Harbor is just silly. They were moving the base there in response to Japan's aggressive actions and the threat Japan posed to the Phillippines.

To do anything else in hindsight would have been criminally negligent by FDR and the Pentagon.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So if you were drowning you wouldn't want for me or SabanFan or a few other people on this forum to throw you a rope?

OK, pal - you got it.

8. SabanFan

My joy knows no bounds.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by CottonBowl'66
    Don't bother. There are some people I don't want on my side and you are one of them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He apparently doesn't subscribed to the philosophy of "Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer."

10. CottonBowl'66

Get real. Your posts to me in the past have established our permanent feelings for each other.

If I was drowing, I am pretty sure you two would be too stupid to find a rope anyway.