The truth of the matter about Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Nov 20, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I would add that you really have to admire his resolve. With all the criticism and fan disdane he manages to rise above the noise to prove everyone wrong. He also, continues to show his love for LSU and how much he doesn't want to go anywhere.

2. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

I pray that is true for a long time.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

A horrible thought crossed my mind right after I hit send and you tapped on it. What if this is his swans song to show all LSU fans just what they are wanting to be gone, and then he goes. That would be horrible. As is evident by this very board there aremany who's opinion has changed over this season. I hope he realizes that he has converted many a basher into a Miles supporter, and there are now fewer that want him gone than just 4 weeks ago.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Coaches ignore internet fans. Anonymous "fans" will say anything that pops into their head with no fear of consequences. They will bitch and moan if we have a 9-win season and declare that LSU is on a down spiral and it's all the coach's fault and fire him. If we have a 10-win season, they will all declare coach to be an outstanding but misunderstood man and "what will we do if he leaves?".

Les doesn't give a rats ass about internet message boards.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

We're having a Great Day today.

JJ made us proud.

The whole team never quit.

Coach Miles is having a great season, and, I hope, is enjoying himself as he wins.

We'll enjoy the win today and save it for tomorrow to think about how the LSU Defense can improve against this kind of Offense scheme.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Jean Lafitte, where in the HECK have YOU been? I'm happy to see you back.

7. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I know few if any of us understand his methods and watching games can certainly be gut wrenching at times. But in six years LSU has averaged almost 10 wins a season, won two SEC West titles, one SEC title and one BCS title. Not to mention the caliber and character of the young men he has convinced to wear purple and gold. This old Tiger would find it hard to argue that Les was anything less than a damn good coach. I’m certainly glad Les likes the grass in Tiger Stadium.

:eek:ldskule:

8. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

The truth is he is 61-16 and that former coach was 48-16!

9. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Bingo...I think all of us wanted him to outperform the former coach. He is just different and not all of that is bad. In fact, most of how he is different than the former coach is good.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think that's why he claps funny...all those championship rings clanking around hurt his fingers !! :D

And Red, on a serious note, Although I know that Miles doesn't give a rat's a$$ about the negativity, his wife and kids are aware of it...and how that affects them is what worries me.