The TV Series Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by bhelmLSU, Oct 26, 2015.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Thought I would just start one to cover all the bases of Netflix, premium, and cable shows.

Just a thought I wanted to share about Homeland on Showtime. I can't ever recall a show starting off really good, then suffering for a season and a half of 2 and then completely redeeming themselves. Season one was edge of your seat, who is lying/WTF is going to happen type of show. Season 2 was good and then sputtered to where I almost quit watching.

I am glad I stuck with it because last season was great and the current season is starting off even better but they are nothing like the 1st 2 seasons but it is working.

Maybe the Walking Dead has similar traits to this.

Hopefully True Detective does the same. Should be easy since each season is a new story with different actors, etc...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I had to watch the last episode of the last season of Homeland to get me back where I need to be. I am about to start the current season. I still can't believe they killed off Opie and I wasn't sure it would work without him but I agree, not the same but it works.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

OMG! They killed Opie.

[​IMG]

fanatic likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The new series I'm watching is Vikings.

The old series I'm watching is Poirot. I wasn't watching a lot of TV in its heyday in the 80's and 90's and never really watched it. Now I am watching it in chronological order--spanning 23 years.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You bastards!

Bengal B likes this.
  6. fanatic

I wanted to give Vikings a try, but I read somewhere that it's heavily censored in the US because it's broadcast on the History Channel? Canadian and European viewers supposedly get the uncensored version. American TV can show a person being decapitated or any other type of horrible violence, but show a woman's titty and the entire country is outraged. It's ludicrous.
    But I digress... Anyway, do you know if this is true about the censorship?

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I didn't know any of that and still enjoyed the series.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Don't watch much current TV, other than sports. I let my wife control the remote when there's no game on. Old stuff....we have the complete Battlestar Galactica series (the SyFy reboot, not the 70's crap) on DVD. I think it is far and away the best TV science fiction ever.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sure. They cut some nudity and a couple of very violet scenes because the History Channel is not a restricted channel. Still a lot of language and violence. But the blu-ray versions have both versions, I am told. Probably the Euro version will be available to download.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. fanatic

I probably would too. I would just like to see it as the writers/producers intended it to be.