The TV Series Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by bhelmLSU, Oct 26, 2015.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

You watch on my recommendation? Shit was intense.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah I finally finished it last night, man I was half expecting Tommy to get it at the end of season 2, I saw no way out.

3. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

My wife and I have gone through these shows over the last couple of years either on Netflix or regular stations...

Sons of Anarchy - (Netflix - all 7 seasons): Enjoyed the hell out of this one. When it first started airing, I had no interest. My wife and I only got into the show later when we found out her Dad was watching it and raved about it. So we started watching and got hooked. Pretty brutal stuff at times. Kurt Sutter did great with this one. You can still watch the entire series on Netflix.

Walking Dead - (Netflix and AMC): Another show I had no interest in when it started. We were bored looking for something new to watch and decided to check out the first episode on Netflix. We were hooked within the first 15 minutes. After binge-watching 4 seasons on Netflix, we ended up following the series on AMC and still do today.

Tudors - (Netflix - all 4 seasons): I don't remember why we started watching this one, I am not usually interested in period dramas from the 1500's, but this was a fantastic series IMHO. The wife and I both really got into this one. It's about King Henry VIII and the wives he went through. It's loosely based on historical events, some parts of the show are surprisingly accurate, and there are a few things that were added for drama. We go back and watch this every now and then, another really good show. Lots of violence, some language, many sex scenes with at least partial nudity. Waiting to see who is going to lose their head next is always fun. Highly recommend giving this one at least 2 episodes.

Game of Thrones - (HBO & DVD): I bought the first season DVD without even knowing if this was any good after hearing about it from friends with similar interests. Thoroughly enjoyable, tons of violence, sex/nudity, drama, excellent storyline. We still keep up with it on HBO now.

House - (Netflix - all 8 seasons): We had seen a few episodes when it was on TV. When it came to Netflix, we decided to watch it in order. We're currently in season 7. This is a medical drama/comedy, each episode is about an hour (45 min? not sure). Dr. House is basically a genius diagnostic doctor, but he is an ass. The situations he gets into/causes are hilarious sometimes. Anyone who is a smartass should watch this show. There are some really hysterical scenes, as well as some dramatic and sad ones.

It is hard to find a new series, especially if you've been spoiled by a really great one and finished it. All you want is more of that series. I'm still looking for new ones to watch. After House, we'll be looking for new ones to watch. I thought I might like Bastard Executioner, but just haven't been able to catch it and forgot to set it up on the DVR so I've missed most of it anyway. Plus I keep reading that they're cancelling it. I really enjoyed SOA so figured BE should be at least half as good. Hoping they throw it up on Netflix soon. I had also read there was talk of creating an offshoot of SOA with some of the guys from that show. But I don't think Kurt Sutter will be involved with it.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Fit to fat to fit, anyone watching this? shane told me about it and im 1.5 episodes in on 4 total. new show new series on A&E. trainers get fat to work with their clients so they can share in the pain together. and triumphs. im digging it.

new episodes on tuesdays but can watch from their website. watching these trainers gain ~40 lbs in 4 months is really tough to watch. its like watching those eating competitions.

5. LaSalleAve

I wrote Kurt Sutter and told him I was a fan of his work. He was a writer on The Shield before he did SOA, (The Shield is still my favorite show ever) and he sent me an autographed photo of himself and one Katy Segal autographed as well. Pretty cool dude. I didn't like the Bastard Executioner though. It just started way too slow. You should check out Marco Polo and Peaky Blinders and The Shield if you have never seen it. If you liked SOA you'll absolutely love The Shield, lot of the same actors too, and you can see where a lot of the gang stuff came from.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have one or two episode left of Marco Polo but honestly haven't enjoyed it too much. Seems like everytime a big battle scene or fight is about to happen they cut to the end of it and discuss what happened instead of actually seeing what happened. Not a horrible show but leaves me wanting more and it never seems to come.

7. LaSalleAve

Did you watch the One Hundred Eyes special? I'm a big martial arts nut too so that's why I like it so much. There is a nice battle in the last episode. I like it more for the drama anyway though.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The wife is watching a Buffy marathon. Uhm.. I'm having some pretty impure thoughts for a Sunday.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

been watching spartacus. hadnt seen it since whitfield died. dont like the new dude at all. bland as hell. and this new busted naevia sucks. looks like rihanna after 10 rds with chris brown. i hope she kills herself soon. im guessing they go out romeo and juliet style.

but the nba all star game isnt much better,

shane0911 likes this.
  10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Cant find a movie thread, so fuggit.

Geaux see deadpool. Do it now. That flick was epic.