The US is neutered

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Jan 29, 2016.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ahh the battle cry of the REMF, "don't send me"

el005639 likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

[​IMG]

You don't find that to be a public release designed to humiliate and embarrass?

Furthermore, "The Obama administration announced on Thursday that Iran had not violated the Geneva Convention on prisoners of war when it published photographs of captured U.S. Navy sailors, forced them to appear on television and make an apology for the circumstances of their capture, and compelled a female sailor to wear a hijab (head covering).
    Under Article 13 of the Geneva Convention, prisoners must not be subjected to “insults and public curiosity.” Under Article 14, they must be treated with honor, and female prisoners must not suffer worse treatment."

And you can spare me the argument that it wasn't war time and that we aren't at war with Iran. Both are parties to the Geneva Convention and Obama made adherence to the Geneva Convention a cornerstone of his foreign policy. In a speech in 2007, candidate Obama promised: “As President, I will…adhere to the Geneva Conventions.” In accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009, President Obama declared: “…I have reaffirmed America’s commitment to abide by the Geneva Conventions. We lose ourselves when we compromise the very ideals that we fight to defend.” Furthermore it applies even in the presence of doubts as to whether prisoners qualify for its protections, until the status of those prisoners can be determined by a court.

So yeah, pretending that it was no big deal is weak and bullshit IMO. What if America held a female Muslim and made her take off her hijab or forced her to wear some Daisy Dukes? Of course her legs will be hairy as a Shetland pony but that's not the point.

Flip the script....how would other countries take to a US drone flying over their warship in international waters. How about an IS drone flying over a US warship or encampment? Iran is a threat....period. You don't let them fly a drone and release a video from it while patting them on the back.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Pansy ass liberals do

Winston1 likes this.
  4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

No. I call that standard procedure when you come across another country's military in international waters. They treated our people the way I would have expected us to treat their people.

I guess I missed the insult. What's your source for that quoted text?

This certainly qualifies as one of the top ten shittiest analogies I have ever seen. A muslim woman wears a hijab for reasons of modesty. Non-muslim women wear it for the same reason in the presence of muslims as a sign of respect for the beliefs of others. It's not an insult or demeaning. Forcing a muslim woman to remove it is demeaning, so the analogy doesn't hold up.

A better analogy might be "What if American troops discovered members of the Iranian Navy in our waters in a disabled boat? Would they disarm them, place them in a kneeling position to protect themselves from the unknown while checking out their story and then upon discovering it to be true return them safely 16 hours later no worse for the wear?" I think that's pretty close to how our troops would have reacted and a far cry from how Iranians treated British troops just a few years ago in a very similar situation. You should read about it when you're done feigning outrage over nothing.

I think it's well documented how other countries react when we actually do fly our fully armed drones over their country and kill people. However, this drone was not armed and it didn't kill anyone.

What exactly is Iran a threat to do?

Why do these things scare you? I thought liberals were supposed to be the pansies? The only people cowering in fear that I see are Republicans, hence the guns and neighborhoods with walls.

5. MLUTiger

LOL. How exactly do you think Iran is going to get over here?

Well, if recent history is any indication, we would declare them enemy combatants, lock them away without due process and allow our guards to strip them naked and humiliate them.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Sorry but Obama would NEVER publish a photo like that in kind. The GC is very clear and I provided you the text. Answer the question.....was that photo made publicly available and was it humiliating and embarrassing?

What specifically are you referring to? The fact that a female was forced to wear a hijab or that she was treated differently as a female which is a direct violation of the Geneva Convention? Or that the sailors were forced to apologize?

Some muslim women wear a hijab out of fear....that she will get beaten or raped. They don't all agree with it and it's not all about modesty. That's a man's interpretation. How in the hell do you not see that forcing an American female in the military to wear a hijab simply because the presence of muslim men isn't demeaning? I'm not in the military and I wouldn't wear the damn thing. We weren't on a social call. They boarded a US SHIP. Treating her differently than the men is a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Please provide the photographs of Gimo detainees on their knees without traditional garb, stripped of their Koran....surely we distributed dozens of photos like that to the worldwide community.

My neighbor's drone isn't armed either but when the asshole flies it over my backyard while my daughter is swimming in the pool, it's not okay. Feelin me?

[​IMG]

Bye Felicia.

Yes, you are right. I'm a pansy and I'm cowering. Geebus.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

When I said "them" with no antecedent I was referring to foreign legions abroad in general.

Wrong. We did not "allow" that. Those were charged with dereliction of duty, cruelty and maltreatment, assault and indecent acts—the military’s term for sexual abuse.

Not only that, we were talking about war vs. peace. We were at war with those rat bastards. The were killing Americans, we should've killed them instead of hanging decorations on their dicks and hooking up pseudo-electricity devices to them.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

But after taking in more asylum seekers per capita than any other nation in Europe, Sweden’s welcome mat now lies in tatters. Overwhelmed by the human tide of 2015, the center-left government is deploying extraordinary new border controls and slashing benefits in an unmistakable signal to refugees contemplating the long trek to Sweden in the new year: Stay out.

“We’re willing to do more than anyone else,” said Swedish Migration Minister Morgan Johansson. “But even we have our limits.”

sweden is now rejecting 80,000 immigrants because of the aftermath of accepting the prior ones. Live and learn you idiots.

10. MLUTiger

That changes nothing in what I said.

I'm not sure how accountability works in your world, but lack of oversight is no different than allowing it to happen. If my employees steal money from the company, my employer is going to ask me how I allowed this to happen.