The Weak Down SEC Is Undefeated So Far

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Mar 17, 2006.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

They were talking about the SEC being down this year. There may not be the dominant SEC team this year but it is off to a good start in the tournament.

Kentucky and Arkansas both have good chances to win their games as well.

What do you guys see in the second round for SEC teams?

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Arkansas will have a toughy along with kentucky....but i see them both moving on....Bama will have to play just like they did today and even better to take down UCLA, the florida uw milwaukee game will be fun to watch....that games a toss up to me, along with the witchita state tenn game....tenn could be the first 15 seed to go down.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

ark, uk and tenn go down in 2nd round. ok, i have no idea about bucknell so ark could easily lose tommorrow.

4. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I think that today shaped up to be as I thought it would... the SEC teams making a statement. The league has improved after being "down" and "young" early on. The talking heads spoke a lot about the SEC being 4-0 on the first day, especially Steve Lavin on the ESPN College Basketball recap, whereas 3 teams lose from the all revered Big East conference.

Friday brings a new day though, and look for UAB and/or Bucknell to upset Kentucky and Arkansas. Personally, I think that Kentucky will be able to handle UAB and Arkansas' athletes will be tough for Bucknell, but I could see one of them going down. That would make us 5-1.

The issue will be the second round, because whereas I think the SEC is an athletic league which is strong overall, it does lack the true final four contenders. So, I see 'Bama having a hard time with UCLA and it's depth and good solid coaching. LSU should (hopefully) get past A&M. Tennessee will be very tested by Wichita St. and could lose. Florida will need to play well against UWM, though should be able to win. So, of the four there who advance today, I expect us to go 2-2 on Saturday.

Although, if we can get 3-4 teams into the Sweet 16, I'd say the SEC makes a very nice statement this year... and is setting the stage for a return to respectability nationally in hoops after the first weekend and for next year.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL.

5. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

5-1, 6-0 is nice but I want to see 4 teams in the Sweet 16 then some of the critics will truly have to STFU.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

And on the other side of the spectrum, the much hyped and over rated Big East is off to a perfect start as well, 0 - 3. :rofl:

7. Blackstripes

Blackstripes Founding Member

my guess is that we (SEC) get 3 to the sweet 16 and at least one of those, if not two, to the elite 8

:lsup:

8. TGer'nLHornLand

So, true to form, Stan Heath, rookie tourney coach of Arkansas finds a way to lose to Bucknell and Kentucky's Tubby Smith guides Kentucky over UAB in a close one. It's great to note that the SEC goes 5-1, when the Big East goes 5-3, Big 12 goes 2-2, Big 10 goes 3-3 (I won't mention how the ACC goes 4-0 :) ). Let's hope the SEC teams roll tomorrow...

I'll note that ESPN continues to note the error of its ways and give some SEC schools pub. Digger noting that his "key player" to watch tomorrow is none other than Glen "Big Baby" Davis. Dickie V notes that we should watch the best PG that no one talks about, Ronald Steele of Alabama. SEC upset tomorrow? Digger says watch Wichita St over Tennessee.

9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

We proved that earlier this season at Columbus and Hartford...

10. TGer'nLHornLand

Tennessee down with seconds left. The overrated and undeserving no. 2 seed looks to go down vs the underrated MVC conference champs, Wichita State.

Florida takes care of business vs. Pearl's old team.

SEC Sweet 16 team count: 1.

SEC Teams left: 3.