The Worst place to eat

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Pontius Pilate, Feb 9, 2011.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

AGREE!!! Walk-Ons is awful. I ate there a few times when the Trent Johnson show was hosted there. I mean, how do you make fried boudin balls taste bad?

Another one that will rile some people up... Pasttimes. Does any other pizza place have pizza that bad?

Why do the coach's shows always have to be at terrible places. It went from bad at Walk-Ons to worse at TJ Ribs.

2. Pontius Pilate

Pontius Pilate Veteran Member

If you are looking for good pizza go to Whole Foods. Walk Ons sucks, but the location will keep it on life support. The football season alone helps those douches pay the bills.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Sucks in unknowing tailgaters and visiting fans, giving Louisiana food a bad name at the same time...

4. Pontius Pilate

How they got LSU to sell that land amazes me to this day

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

National chains don't have to play by the same rules. Appleby's may suck, I don't know, but Chillis makes decent burger . . . its all I get there.

Walk-ons is a bar and grill and they do it fine. You expect every joint to be Commanders Palace?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

People largely disagree. They have been selling a lot of pizza for 70 years.

You are already on record as not thinking there is any decent food in Baton Rouge. You live in the wrong town for your tastes.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

That doesn't make it good. And I think they do a pretty good job with a bunch of the other things on their menu. I just think their pizza is awful. It just isn't constructed right.

That is not what I have ever said. I have said most of the restaurants in town people swear by aren't that good and haven't been in years. Juban's, TJ Ribs, Ninfa's, Mike Anderson's and Drusilla are the examples I usually use. Other sucky places are Beleus and Jambalaya Shop.

I think this is a pretty good bar grill town, but as a whole I think most places really underperform on seafood. Sure it is better than you can get in most places, but that doesn't make it good. I would much rather go to Houma or New Orleans for seafood.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have incredibly unrefined tastes, i like basically everything. i like mcdonalds. i like jamabalaya shoppe. i like chilis. i like the cool hole in the wall places, the expensive places, i like it all. except long john silvers, which is terrible. it is shockingly bad.

9. Pontius Pilate

I just seems to me that Baton Rouge is the Mecca of poor places to eat. There are a few exceptions

10. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Within the span of 3 weeks, they served me raw chicken, and when i pointed it out to them, both the servers and the manager looked at me like there was nothing wrong with it. Then they put it on the bill expecting me to pay for it.