The X-Man

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SeN-SaTioN, May 28, 2004.

1. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

From what I've seen Bennie Brazell doesn't catch the ball well & that's his main problem. Xavier is a football player from the highlights I've seen on him. You don't become a consensus All-American WR without impressing a lot of people. I watched him play in the Army AA game & he got off the line as well as anyone. Just because the kid has world-class speed doesn't mean he can't be a great football player.

2. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Gotcha, but I was specifically referring to the part of the post above that said that the coaches would work with Carter on getting off a jam and whatnot while implying that the coaches had not done that with Brezell.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Plus, Brazell is just 6-1, 166lbs. He stays in track shape and probably just doesnt have the body type to really bulk up. XC already has 40 pounds on him straight out of high school. In Brazells three seasons, he has only gained about 5 pounds. He will never be a physical receiver.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

He wasnt saying that the coaches havent worked with Brazell on those things, just that he doesnt have the tools to be successful at it like XC.

5. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

OK, that clears it up for me. Thanks.