THE XP WAS NO GOOD!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ok awesome, Nov 30, 2002.

1. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

ESPN replayed the last extra point from a few different angles and guess what, it was wide left! LSU was cheated, the game should have went to overtime.

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Where did you see that?

3. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

ESPN News!

4. TennesseeTiger

I'm still waiting to see how many Pig fans show up here to tell you how horrible it is that you are talking about this. After all, we're supposed to jump on their bandwagon like they're the winner of the party's primary.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

5. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I'm not jumping on any bandwagons, and I am upset over the loss . . . but the extra point looked good. I saw the replay of the kick on Gameday before the Alabama game and it looked good. From some angles, and from an LSU fan's perspective, it looks wide (but I can't deny the fact that the extra point is good). However I did watch the tape of game today and on the long screen pass for a TD, 3 LSU players can be seen holding (and in one case blocking behind the back).

What bothers me after watching the tape of the game, is that we played so well and lost. The last two Ark scoring drives really killed us. Neither of those drives should've ended in TDs, and even though I praise the defense all the time they didn't show up when it counted last night.

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I tend to believe a ref standing directly under the goal post. It is one thing for a touchdown (THERE IS NO WAY HE SCORED) in a mass of bodies to be called incorrectly. It is something different to blow a call when they have a wide open view.

That said, the ball was above the height of the goal post so we'll never really know if it was good or not. I would like to see those replays you're talking about.

On another note, how does the ref decide if the kick is good or not if the ball passes directly over the top of the post? Does he guess if it would have deflected through or bounced off the post? And why not make the height of the goal post higher to eliminate problems like this?

7. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I didn't look this up in a rule book, but I believe that it is mandatory for goal post to be 20 feet high and if the ball goes directly over one of the posts . . . the kick is good. My point is that the two refs that stand under the posts had the ONLY good view and they wouldn't give a point to ARK to spite LSU fans. I find it amazing that posters here keep harping on the refs like they swayed the game. SEC refs are actually known to be very good, atleast the best of the major conferences. But reading stuff here (not just this thread but lots of others) you would get the idea that game was flat out stolen from the Tigers. This bothers me b/c this is same crap you read on the other SEC boards when the Tigers win. Check out the Kentucky forum again, the day after the "miricle" almost every post bashed the refs and basically said the refs cheated all day for the Tigers b/c the Cats are on probation. It also bothers me b/c I tend to see this board as slightly better than the rest of the SEC boards, and to read complaints about refs and how we got screwed . . . is sad and makes us no different than the rest.

We lost by poor play on the field. You don't get extra points for good stats or having better stats. ARK had more penalities thrown against them than we did, yet most of the posts here complain that the refs cheated for them. I did notice no one here has complained about all the favorable spots we got during the game.

8. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

neither was that fourth down td!!!

Pure-dee luck those idiots won. What a total joke that team and their coach is. I simply cannot believe we lost to them. They stole the game, plain and simple.

I was there - LSU completely dominated the game, had the better athletes, better team, etc. THE XP was no good, the 4th down td was not good either. Course, we need to TCB ourselves, but they were terrible. Many of their fans are complete assholes. When we "won" the Kentucky game, LSU fans were thankful for the gift, but that was a game LSU led for the most part. The hogs never led (except when it counted) and were totally dominated for most of the game.

Leaving the stadium, they were celebrating like they just laid a whipping on us. They were hostile towards players' mothers - total idiots. I cannot wait to fast forward two years in Little Rock and completely anihilate them like we should have on Friday.

Remember after the KY game - how the Nutt said he was "disgusted?" Well - I am frickin disgusted, too. We kicked their butts for all but three plays and lose the frickin game. I am a bitter, damn bitter, SOB. All during the game, the hog fans sitting around me were commenting on how much better we were than them, how their coach is terrible, etc, then that pork miracle, and they are awesome, totally killed us, etc. Embarrassing hicks. Go lock yourself in a closet with your inbred family secret.

You know, when you get beat, like we did against AU and Bama, you say, tip o' the hat, u kicked our asses. I have absolutely no respect for this team, none - nor for their fans, who are mostly rednecks from southern Arkansas.

Good luck tripping over your pricks against UGA in the ATL. Arkansas is representing the SECW - so I guess I will pull for the hogs - but I really don't know. I used to like them besides when we played them. Now I pretty much hate 'em. I really do not beleive there is any way that this horrible team and pathetic coach can possibly win another game this year.

The Nutt told his players that "an angel" was helping them!! And his players beleive that crap. Eat it up.

9. TennesseeTiger

Better watch out, MikebTiger. The political correctness police will read your post and tell you how horrible it is that you have a negative opinion. I've been vilified by Pig fans and LSU fans alike for daring to mention anything negative about the officiating. We now have to join the rank-and-file and say "go Pigs" so the west can win. Well, I refuse. GEAUX DAWGS. Rip the Pigs!!!

Reminds me of the 2000 election...I was told to vote for Gore because he was "from Tennessee". I certainly wouldn't have voted for Edwin Edwards had he run for President when I lived in Louisiana. Just because Arkansas is from the west doesn't mean I have to like them now.

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

All I know is the score was 21-20. We lose. Watching the game film over & over will not change it. Pull for who ever you want. I will say we were not cheated out of anything. We just did not finish the game. GEAUX Tigers! Screw Francis