Their trickery VS our trickery

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Pitkin Tiger, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Pitkin Tiger

Pitkin Tiger Founding Member

Their fake fieldgoal caught us by surprise but they missed on the pass that would have been an easy touchdown and put momentum in their corner. OUR fake fieldgoal worked to perfection and sent their remaining fans to the exits! It even brought a smile to Nick's face that the ESPN camera caught! Every time they had a trick play called, our defense was ready (except the fake fieldgoal). Bottomline...Tigers were prepared for this game, Gators I'm not so sure.

2. IslandGator

IslandGator Freshman

Not to take anything away from you guys...

But our trick play did have your defense fooled. Our receiver was wide open in the endzone and the holder had all the time in the world to toss the pass. He just plain made a bad throw. Not that it would have made much difference, but your D did get fooled by it. Great game tigers! Go Gators

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Yes, we were fooled on that one and UF should have had 7 more points. Because of that I was worried during the first half. It wasn't until later in the game that I felt confident that we would win. We never underestimate the Gators.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Gotta agree with our Gator Friend here. As far as Trick plays it was a draw, except their D bit on the Fake Draw QB keeper we burned them for, but that is not really a trick play.

I think if Florida would have hit that trick play, it would have been a much closer game then it was. I still think we would have won, but the Gators would have not been so defeated early, actually had a lead and the Fans would have been in it for much longer.

Lets face it, until last week LSU would get down and fold their tents in the past.

That was the turning point in the game. LSU basically dominated from that point on.

Geaux Tigers.

5. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

That keeper around the right side was just outstanding. I love the fact that Mauck will just throw his body into any situation asked of him. That kid's got the heart of a Herb Tyler!!

6. IslandGator

IslandGator Freshman

Gotta Admit

Your QB is a trooper. That kid played with some serious heart saturday. I can remember several times where he would get crushed by the defense and then get up and run for 15+ yards on the very next play. No fear in that kid! I honestly think if it wasn't for his running you guys might now have won that game. I would scream in anguish everytime he would tuck the ball cause I knew we couldn't stop him. Go Gators!