Their was a noticeable level of hatred of LSU by the CBS announcers today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Hell I was creamin my pants over him. That dude is unfreakingbelievable.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Newton was, in fact, incredible, no doubt about it. But Danielson trying to argue against both of our TD's (had the play clock expired? was it really a lateral to Ware?), along with an all-time moronic line, "That's the BEST run for minus 10 yards I've EVER seen. Let's play it again..." made me want to vomit.

I hate those guys.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

This. (See? I can agree with you.) ;)

4. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

the one that really pissed me off was at the end of the 1st half when Jefferson scrambled for the first down on 3rd and 16 and Danielson said "now let's see if anybody is awake on the LSU sideline" and after they lined up immediately without wasting any time he goes "Ohhhhhhhh good job"

Screw those guys.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I hate CBS Day Games especially if Gary Gay Danielle is doing them....1st it was a Tebow love fest and now Cam

6. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Well, both of them jumped on Jefferson early as the forum and media had been pointing out his deficiencies at QB all week long. They called his pass to the tight end that was high and deflected for an int a QB prob but when Lee through an equally bad pass, it was a receiver problem. So, I think some of their criticism of LSU's offense was a reflection of what everyone's been saying.

Coaching problem ... perhaps.
    Lack of good QB ... probably.
    Lack of other offensive responsibilty (blocking, receivers catching, etc) ... a problem.

Results ... a close loss, but as bad as LSU played at times during this game, we were still there near the end. An outstanding QB for Auburn shredded us and decided the outcome.

I for one, though disappointed, felt we did well despite the failures of several factors on offense and defense.

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Weird. Guess I am the opposite but I dont see or hear the bias against LSU. Yes they were creaming their jeans over Newton but I heard plenty of accolades for LSU. *shrugs*

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Stacey said it correctly, they were just fighting every little thing against LSU. Danielson mainly, as Vern is too stupid to have original thought.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Same here. I heard them gag several times when LSU's offense was out on the field, but so did I.

10. armybass

armybass Founding Member

Same here. GD is really a very knowledgeable announcer. He knows his crap, they were just enjoying watching Cameron and that is understandable.

1 person likes this.